7500 mile LE, price check?

Aryana2104

First Name
Afshin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 FJ40, 2006 UZJ100
Team, new here, and new to the idea of Jeep as a whole... been a land cruiser guy most of my life.

loving the idea of a gladiator, but I’m pretty anti-new car depreciation. Looking at a launch edition with 7500 miles for around 49k. Would love to hear opinions from the experts, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Seems OK to me, currently new LEs are selling in the $55-$56 range I believe.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I'm looking at a new loaded Rubicon here in North VA for $48K. Sounds like highway robbery!
https://www.lindsaychryslerdodgejee...2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-1C6JJTBG8LL167147
You had better read the fine print at Lindsay. They exclude the freight and add $799. Out of the gate you are + $2,200 or so to their advertised price. It also looks like they included the current $2k incentive which JTR does not qualify, and the $500 military.
They do have decent prices, I bought my JKU WW from them, but if you think you can buy that JTR for their advertised price, you will be disappointed.

Sponsored

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - Hydro Blue
Occupation
EE
49k for a used LE seems too high to me. Plenty of dealers around the country doing 5%+ below invoice on new ones. That would get you within a couple grand on a similarly optioned new one. That's assuming there's no added value for it being a LE, which to me there wouldn't be.

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
You had better read the fine print at Lindsay. They exclude the freight and add $799. Out of the gate you are + $2,200 or so to their advertised price. It also looks like they included the current $2k incentive which JTR does not qualify, and the $500 military.
They do have decent prices, I bought my JKU WW from them, but if you think you can buy that JTR for their advertised price, you will be disappointed.
I’m looking, and it doesn’t appear freight is excluded. Might as well ask for a price.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I’m looking, and it doesn’t appear freight is excluded. Might as well ask for a price.
The fine print at the bottom of the ad you are looking at:

All financing is subject to approved credit. All new vehicle prices exclude freight. Tax, tags, and processing fee of $799 in Virginia additional.

On a good note, you should be able to get 6 to 7% below invoice from them, i.e. $51,600 then add the $799 tax etc... If you shoot up to MD, I think MD charges $399. You can look at the inventory Heritage has. Problem with their website, all of their Gladiators show up on their website, so you have to call to see at what location the Gladiator is located.

So the OP sees a used Launch for $49k, not a bad starting point. My guess he could negotiate the price to around $47k

OP, are you looking for a LE, or a Rubicon at a good price?

Last edited:

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This times a billion. I ended up buying my LE there under a couple conditions:

1. I knew going in to add the $1499 freight and $500 military incentive to the price on the site. It was still a good $3k under anyone else around.
2. They tried to BS me and say that price also included like $4k more in incentives I didn’t qualify for. I had to hold firm and kept going back to the site to show them that the $500 military was the only incentive.
3. It took multiple attempts and a threatened walkout to get that pricing, so I ended up using my Veterans Day doing this.
4. Watch them on pricing as they love to talk payments. I finally had to take the pen from the sales manager and write down the numbers and tell him that or else.

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Sounds like false advertisement.... They get you in based on an ad then hit you with a higher price than the ad.. I hate buying cars!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Yea, I’m sure they would go under 50k as they have to pay auction fees. I think I saw the guy trading it in a few months ago. If it’s the same truck it had really oversized tires and a lift. Not sure if that’s the same truck (both were red LEs) but i saw the red LE appear on the lot a couple days later.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Wow. I would’ve thought a slightly used LE for under 50k was a good deal! A $12k price drop because of only a few miles?!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Wow. I would’ve thought a slightly used LE for under 50k was a good deal! A $12k price drop because of only a few miles?!
Yeah, $12K off full MSRP. Not so much of a deal when people are finding them and buying for $55K new. So that delta is now a $5K savings and not so much better since it still is a used Gladiator regardless.

I think there is a couple more thousand to be trimmed off that used LE in my opinion for a shrewd buyer.
Sponsored