First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I have the 8.4" audio system and I plug in a 64 GB USB drive into either USB1 or USB2 (I tried USB3 as well). It seems that the audio system only sees about half of the 3900 songs that are on the drive. I browse through the files and about half of the folders are missing (compared to what I can see with Windows). I've even tried reformatting the drive to 32 GB with FAT32 and I still have the same problem. Is there some limitation with UConnect that only allows a certain number of files?

On a separate, but possibly related issue, the audio system doesn't always show the song's album art, though I'm certain that those hidden files are also copied to the USB.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks!
Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure how long you've waited for them all to appear, but I know that if you turn the truck on and go directly to the UConnect apps menu, it takes a minute for all the apps to load, and those are loaded directly into the system. It may take it quite a while to read and display 3900 songs and album covers.

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not sure how long you've waited for them all to appear, but I know that if you turn the truck on and go directly to the UConnect apps menu, it takes a minute for all the apps to load, and those are loaded directly into the system. It may take it quite a while to read and display 3900 songs and album covers.
It's an ongoing issue. I might look at the folder structure 30 minutes into a drive and it's still the same. It does take a few seconds to load up the USB, but it's not reading all of the folders and files. For example, I have the songs organized alphabetically, so there are folders for A-Z. When I bring up the Browse menu, I only see folders A-J and S-Z. For some reason folders K-R are missing. Also, within (for example) folder F, I added a new subfolder, but it does not show up.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 8.4" audio system and I plug in a 64 GB USB drive into either USB1 or USB2 (I tried USB3 as well). It seems that the audio system only sees about half of the 3900 songs that are on the drive. I browse through the files and about half of the folders are missing (compared to what I can see with Windows). I've even tried reformatting the drive to 32 GB with FAT32 and I still have the same problem. Is there some limitation with UConnect that only allows a certain number of files?

On a separate, but possibly related issue, the audio system doesn't always show the song's album art, though I'm certain that those hidden files are also copied to the USB.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks!
Try an actual 32GB drive and see what the results are. If that doesn't work, try a 16GB and then an 8GB. There's no published information, that I'm aware of, on the OS used or the systems limitations.

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Try an actual 32GB drive and see what the results are. If that doesn't work, try a 16GB and then an 8GB. There's no published information, that I'm aware of, on the OS used or the systems limitations.
I was planning on giving that a try, though I've got about 26 GB of files currently, and growing...

Sponsored

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
I have about 60GB of music -- I sure HOPE the system can read more than a 32GB USB drive -- does anyone know if that spec is specified anywhere???

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Your music doesn't have any non-alphanumeric / space etc.. characters does it? Any UTF-8 characters in the names? Any idea if there is any strange metadata within the MP3s?

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Your music doesn't have any non-alphanumeric / space etc.. characters does it? Any UTF-8 characters in the names? Any idea if there is any strange metadata within the MP3s?
My filenames do have space in them, but I do see files with space in them, etc. I have the drive set up with 28 folders (3, 10, A-Z) that correspond to the artist names. Each folder then has a sub folder for the Artist Name (e.g. 3 Doors Down, Metallica, etc.) and then there's a subfolder below that for the album name. The MP3 files and associated album artwork (JPG files) are in those subfolders. The audio system only picks up about half of the folders (e.g. I can see A-K, M, P, R, S, etc. but none of the others). If I reformat the drive and copy all the files over again, I can see a different set of folder. In addition, for example, within the D folder, Disturbed subfolder, not all of the subfolders show up either. It jsut seems that the audio system isn't reading all of the folders or it's running into some # of files limitation.

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I was planning on giving that a try, though I've got about 26 GB of files currently, and growing...
OK, so I bought a 32 GB drive and the problem remains the same, I can only get about 2592 songs into the system. Again, not all of the folders on my drive are recognized (though a different set than the other drive).

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Interesting reading this thread. I have a base Sport model(not a Sport S) that comes with the small 5” screen. For months now it has shown all of my playlists, all songs, all artists, etc. Worked flawlessly. Have had it act up many times recently, would be no sound while songs were being played or it would jump from one song to another after playing just a few seconds of each song. So I would delete my phone and delete my my music source from the trucks system. I would then re-pair it and add my I-Phone back. And like magic everything would be back and fully working.

Now this week it’s totally screwed up. All of my playlists are totally gone. I have 28 Beatles songs and only 6 are now listed on my trucks stereo system. When I try to browse by artist name about half of the letters are greyed out. I have tried many times to delete my phone and to then add my phone and audio files back and again no luck, still about half of everything totally missing.

This is not an issue with my I-Phone. All of my songs and playlists are there. Totally baffling. This weekend I plan to take my truck back to my dealership to get them to see what’s wrong with my stereo system. Am going to ask them to pair my phone with another “for sale” Gladiator on the lot so they will then see that all of my songs are there. Am thinking that they may need to replace my stereo system with a new one.

Was initially thinking of getting an aftermarket system with a larger screen. But before it started acting up I was actually quite pleased with the 5” screen and decided to forget about getting an aftermarket system. Have been to an Apple store and my I-Phone checks out just fine. So this is obviously a Jeep problem with the Jeep stereo system.

Hey @JeepCares love to know more about this. I trust that Jeep is aware that this problem. Has Jeep determined the root cause for this? Got a simple fix? Please advise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting reading this thread. I have a base Sport model(not a Sport S) that comes with the small 5” screen. For months now it has shown all of my playlists, all songs, all artists, etc. Worked flawlessly. Have had it act up many times recently, would be no sound while songs were being played or it would jump from one song to another after playing just a few seconds of each song. So I would delete my phone and delete my my music source from the trucks system. I would then re-pair it and add my I-Phone back. And like magic everything would be back and fully working.

Now this week it’s totally screwed up. All of my playlists are totally gone. I have 28 Beatles songs and only 6 are now listed on my trucks stereo system. When I try to browse by artist name about half of the letters are greyed out. I have tried many times to delete my phone and to then add my phone and audio files back and again no luck, still about half of everything totally missing.

This is not an issue with my I-Phone. All of my songs and playlists are there. Totally baffling. This weekend I plan to take my truck back to my dealership to get them to see what’s wrong with my stereo system. Am going to ask them to pair my phone with another “for sale” Gladiator on the lot so they will then see that all of my songs are there. Am thinking that they may need to replace my stereo system with a new one.

Was initially thinking of getting an aftermarket system with a larger screen. But before it started acting up I was actually quite pleased with the 5” screen and decided to forget about getting an aftermarket system. Have been to an Apple store and my I-Phone checks out just fine. So this is obviously a Jeep problem with the Jeep stereo system.

Hey @JeepCares love to know more about this. I trust that Jeep is aware that this problem. Has Jeep determined the root cause for this? Got a simple fix? Please advise.
That's pretty odd - my iphone XR has always worked with all songs showing up, and the songs play all the way through, but I usually have it unpaired because I don't want iphone sounds (e.g. texts) interrupting my music.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have played music from my paired I-Phone since day one when I got my truck. For a long time had zero problems, worked flawlessly. However recently it’s had serious problems. Baffling! Waiting to hear from @JeepCares

That's pretty odd - my iphone XR has always worked with all songs showing up, and the songs play all the way through, but I usually have it unpaired because I don't want iphone sounds (e.g. texts) interrupting my music.

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
If you can get me the files in the same directory structure etc.. that they're in, I'd be willing to try to narrow down what the issue is. Most of the tests would be programmatically done, so it should only take a few walks back and forth to the truck.

Let me know

Snowdogyyz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I think I posted on this a few weeks ago as well. I’ve noticed it doesn’t pick up all my files from my 160 and 120 gB iPods. It seems random in what’s missing and on some files it plays a completely different song than what’s chosen. I’m meticulous with my song library and both iPods worked perfectly in the 4Runner I traded in. I wonder if they’ll post an update on this?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Short update:

I figured out a roundabout way to get my songs and playlists to be recognized by the Jeep stereo system. I would start playing the first song of a playlist on my cellphone before I plugged my cell phone into the USB plug. Then once plugged in I moved up to each and every song of a playlist until all songs had been played. It still would not recognize all songs from one of the playlists so I deleted that playlist from my cell phone and then re-entered all the those songs into a new playlist with a slight change to the playlist name and now it recognizes all songs, all playlists and all artists. Strange. Go figure!!
Sponsored