Sponsored

8.4 radio dropping favorite contacts and even paired phone

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My recently bought new 2022 Rubicon with the 8.4 radio has a weird issue where once I pair my Samsung S20+ phone and let the contacts download, I then set my favorite contacts. After about the third or fourth ignition cycle of getting in the vehicle, it loses the favorite contact I have stored. Done this since day one when I bought it a month ago.

In addition to the favorite contact being lost, it is now starting to lose pairing with my phone all together and having to re-pair. This has started to happen within the last week a couple times or more.

I have manually deleted and re-added my phone to the radio. Have made sure my phone is current on updates and even powered off/on phone and even checked every Bluetooth setting both on the phone and on the radio.

Everything about the radio seems to be working fine and retaining settings.

Open to any ideas others may have? Really do not want to waste my time for a service visit if I have missed something else.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Honestly, mine has had the same two problems from the beginning (MY22 4k miles) but I'm ignoring it because I always plug my phone in for android auto anyway. Galaxy Note20 for reference

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
My recently bought new 2022 Rubicon with the 8.4 radio has a weird issue where once I pair my Samsung S20+ phone and let the contacts download, I then set my favorite contacts. After about the third or fourth ignition cycle of getting in the vehicle, it loses the favorite contact I have stored. Done this since day one when I bought it a month ago.

In addition to the favorite contact being lost, it is now starting to lose pairing with my phone all together and having to re-pair. This has started to happen within the last week a couple times or more.

I have manually deleted and re-added my phone to the radio. Have made sure my phone is current on updates and even powered off/on phone and even checked every Bluetooth setting both on the phone and on the radio.

Everything about the radio seems to be working fine and retaining settings.

Open to any ideas others may have? Really do not want to waste my time for a service visit if I have missed something else.

Different vehicle, different phone, 2016 Ford Explorer Sport, Samsung whatever it was at that time.

Explorer kept dropping contacts list, so finally took to dealer to look into it. The problem was on the phone end. Seems it was trying to overwrite the phone book and when it found a duplicate (first contact) it aborted the overwrite after deleting the phone book.
Phone store redid whatever the last update was and it went away.

OP
OP
Hootbro

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Honestly, mine has had the same two problems from the beginning (MY22 4k miles) but I'm ignoring it because I always plug my phone in for android auto anyway. Galaxy Note20 for reference
Thanks for the sanity check that I am not the only one then. Only thing I left out in my first post was that I had also JScan Enabled my Aux Switch install but I was having problems before that.

My 2021 Willys I traded in for this 2022 Rubicon also had the 8.4 radio but I had no issues with it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Overland (July 2019) with the 8.4 Uconnect. It would randomly lose pairing with my S8 and does now with my S21. I never tried to download the contacts. I seem to get better performance using Android Auto. I have a three foot cable plugged in that comes out the right side of the armrest. The screen on the S21 is a power hog, and I have a lot of apps running in the background, so it needs plugged in anyway to keep it charged.

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I have a few posts about this issue.

Started for me almost 2 years ago. I gave up on relying on Bluetooth. I have the exact same issue with the favorites disappearing on me. I really wanted to be able to just jump in, start the Jeep, and start driving with my phone paired successfully with Bluetooth. unfortunately, nothing about that is reliable. I can't even continue where I last left off with a podcast on Spotify or anything like that.

Now, I just plug my phone in and use Android Auto. My latest issue is my Waze GPS location freezes. I missed a couple turns on my last long trip because of this. I'm driving a 2021 with the 8.4 inch screen. I call it the U-Can't-Connect feature on the Jeep. And "Jeep doesn't Care" about fixing these things either. I've spent a few hours on the phone with them and no solutions.

It's also not my phone's fault either, because the issues persisted after getting a brand new phone.

OP
OP
Hootbro

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thought I would update.

Last couple of months or maybe longer, have no issue with the favorites or even phone pairing dropping. So maybe it was something with the OTA update to the radio or even the phone.

Probably have jinxed myself now.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Time for Mr. Jinx?

Jeep Gladiator 8.4 radio dropping favorite contacts and even paired phone 1698207301860

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
I'm having the same issue with my 8.4 whenever I plug my phone in to use Android Auto. I just gave up and use Android now.
Sponsored