Sponsored

8.4 UConnect dead?

chuckfinley79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Ok so I’ve had the big for a while where my UConnect starts rebooting itself multiple times, but never able to replicate it to take it to the dealer. Finally read on here about pulling the f97 fuse, tried that yesterday for 10 minutes, didn’t help. Tried it for like an hour, didn’t help, and now it’s not even trying to reboot, it seems like it’s just dead
Normally when this has happened in the past, the hvac will at least run, usually at full blast on heat but now there’s nothing. Had to drive to work this morning at 25 degrees with no heat. I’m pulling the fuse again if that doesn’t help I guess I’m going to try disconnecting the battery for a while.

also after yesterday I know have the “Aux switches unavailable battery charging” warning. I took my aux battery out months ago because it was going bad, but the issue has persisted through that without any change.

anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Did you replace the Aux battery, or just remove it?
How old is the main battery?
Disconnecting both batteries ensures a reboot of the system. The 8.4 Uconnect can take up to 24 hours to fully recover after a reboot. If you are still having problems after that, put it all back to stock and take it to the dealer to fix. You may have a defective head unit.