First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
8000 mile report Rubicon diesel. First 3700 miles were on the stock Mud terrains rest on 37 12.5 17 Goodyear MTR. I’ve had no issues of any kind with the truck. It’s been flawless in everything I’ve asked of it Been over the Rockies twice with it, all kinds of desert and mountains four wheeling Nary-a glitch of any kind. Fuel mileage has been hovering around 24 average though on road trips it moves up to 28. Interestingly I did 176 mile off-road run through the Panamint and saline valleys with a 2021JT gasser and used exactly 25% less fuel. Love the soft top, I actually use the truck bed every single day. Holds 5 people On a 12 Hour Rd. trip no problem. Only thing I wish it had more fuel capacity. Only Gremlin is with the controls on start up, occasionally you have to wait a moment for any of the stereo and steering wheel controls to respond. Steering is very precise though it feels Different than my 17 jk.Soft top is very quiet, and so easy to take down I use it constantly.. As stated other places on this Forum Diesel JTs nail the front bump stops more often than their Gas cousins. My fix for that is going to be Gas/Bumpstops and a one inch lift.(Jks acos pro). So far I would order this truck again, especially if you could delete all the steering wheel and a/c controls and revert back to simple switches. Def has been a non issue , used 6 gal so far. The four wheel drive system, lockers etc have worked perfectly. I do like the offroad button that eliminates the safety nannies. Oh Yeah used Motul Xclean for first oil change. This is allready too long so there it is. Jeep on!
Sponsored

kcZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator EcoDiesel
How do you feel about the 37s with the diesel? Any change in road handling?

OP
OP

Barbarian

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
37’s feel much more stable than the original 33’s they also track perfectly . I bought a set a 35KO twos to run around town, but I like the 37 so much I think I’ll just leave them on. The diesel has so much torque that you can actually spin the 37’s with ease if there’s even the slightest bit of moisture on the road. I might’ve said this already but the diesel has no problem climbing grades up to 6% in high gear with the stock 373 s and 37’s. Hope this helps

kcZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator EcoDiesel
Good to hear. I'm hoping to get an EcoDiesel Gladiator soon. I have an EcoDiesel Ram that I would be trading in. Love the engine, not sure I need something as big as the Ram plus some off-road worthiness would be great.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Installed the JKS ACOS today, so far very happy with the product. Called them to see if they are going to make rear ones. He said they need a truck for mock-up.
Glad everything is running well with your truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Barbarian

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
I traded in a 2015 ram eco-diesel, and sold my 2017 JK Rubicon to get this one. Best of both worlds. Let me know what you think of the Acos pro I’m hoping to install mine next week.

Granitelvr

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Picking mine up on the 16th. Super excited about what this truck will be capable of. One of which is mpg. Tired of 16-18 mpg on 31” tires on a Tacoma and people telling me that I am supposed to be grateful and loving life. One more rant: Tacoma’s ain’t the end all be all for reliability in my ownership experience(after tracking down tons of known issues that are on the forums, I don’t get why people continue to say such) Did you recalibrate your speedometer when you went to 37’s? Any chance for a pic of your tire set up/rig. Curious about the stance on the 37’s with Eco.

OP
OP

Barbarian

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
No I did not re-calibrate because I was still thinking of using 35s for street. I’ll have my son show me how to upload a pic so you can see the stance. I put the 37‘s on a set of method wheels so they’re slightly farther offset than the standard river con. Congrats on your new truck. The only time I’ve seen below 20 was doing a 40 mile loop and low range gaining and losing 8000 elevation

OP
OP

Barbarian

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
Figured out how to add pics. Congrats again