AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Sorry this is a little long...

Truth first... Im not completely sold I even want a lift, Im kind of afraid of ruining a good thing by changing the factory stuff. I have had no steering or any other issues at all .... BUT.... I completely agree with many on here that, the bigger the wheels and lift the better the Gladiator looks. Im currently at 1200 miles all stock in a very highly optioned Rubicon, except I've changed to aftermarket wheels and 35's.

Here is my dream goal......
In FANTASY-LAND... I want to park in front of a Jeep club that is having a gathering with +30 jeeps and everyone that walks up (and knows their shit) looks at my lift and setup and says "oh, ok, thats a good lift kit, he will be fine with that."......Where is that line.... I don't want to go below it. and I dont know what I have to spend to get this done. That said, I WILL spend whatever is needed IF I decide I want to do this.

So Im in the beginning stages of researching lift kits and I stopped buy my closest off road shop that happens to be 4 Wheel Parts. I know some of you love them some of you hate them.... I don't really care, I was there for info. They told me three main companies to look at... Rock Krawler... Rubicon Express.... and Teraflex. They said that they are the quality lift companies that make kits specifically for Jeeps,. and know what they are doing.... Fine whatever...

Im not about just "throwing money at it"

But I did say.... "I don't want to regret that I bought a average lift and later wish I got a better one." If I'm going to do this, I want the GOOD / BEST one, the first time. So after looking at the Teraflex and Rubicon Express websites, I cant find anything that is JT specific listed, still only for the JL. I did find JT specific lifts on the Rock Krawler site, I found their "JT 3.0 Pro-X Coil Over "No Limits" System..........$6393.07 I was quoted about $1000 for a good drive shaft and around $1500 to install this lift kit.

$6400 lift
$1000 Drive shaft
$1500 install
_________
$8900 Total (ballpark)

https://rockkrawler.com/3-inch-pro-x-no-limits-coil-over-system/

So I'll cut to the chase....

First has anyone done this, or a similarly expensive kit?
Is this just crazy overkill or worth every penny and everyone would get it if it wasn't so expensive? Obviously they make it, so someone is buying it, and installing it.
How do I find "the line" I need to cross, to get this idea I want to achieve of a "GOOD" lift? Do I need to spend $3k.. $4k... $9k how do you know /decide how far to go?

I know this is tough to answer but some of you that really know lift kits.... how did you decide what NEEDED to be spent?
Sponsored

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
The jeepers ive met around here I dont think would be anything like that. Everyone seems to be down with whatever as long as your wheeling it. That includes stock with AT's.. If your actually going to wheel it I dont think a 9000 dollar lift will be what you want. Thats a lot of doe that bang for buck wise could be spread out between a very good, but not extreme lift and a shit ton of other upgrades.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I have rubicon, and it rides fairly well stock. I have an issue with stock shocks. Replaced those with fox 2.0. It does need lift, but not as much as you think..

Here is my total expenditure on suspension thus far:

1. Fox 2.0 0-1.5 travel shocks - $540
2. Teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit - $99
3. Daystar .75 inch rear spacer - $40

total - $679.. Not counting wheels, tires, etc. Here is what it looks like for now.

Jeep Gladiator $8900 lift kit...Do I need this? 898F75EA-885F-41FB-AC92-EF06BC0FE564 2.JPG

Throw that money into stock market. Or buy a used JT and wheel the shit out of it.

I do like triangulated rear suspension arms and removal of the rear track bar. Thats super cool. $1500 install is cheap, I would think taking off rear axle and welding on new control arm bracket would be more.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have rubicon, and it rides fairly well stock. I have an issue with stock shocks. Replaced those with fox 2.0. It does need lift, but not as much as you think..

Here is my total expenditure on suspension thus far:

1. Fox 2.0 0-1.5 travel shocks - $540
2. Teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit - $99
3. Daystar .75 inch rear spacer - $40

total - $679.. Not counting wheels, tires, etc. Here is what it looks like for now.

898F75EA-885F-41FB-AC92-EF06BC0FE564 2.JPG

Throw that money into stock market. Or buy a used JT and wheel the shit out of it.

I do like triangulated rear suspension arms and removal of the rear track bar. Thats super cool. $1500 install is cheap, I would think taking off rear axle and welding on new control arm bracket would be more.
Yeah triangle rear is great. Question I have for OP is what will that allow them to do that the existing 5 link won't? Awesome no doubt but are you actually going to be exceeding the standard stuff to the point it's necessary? There's PLENTY of people who run really tough trails that don't have anything close to a $9k lift. S*** I bet there's people wheeling trucks that COST $9k in places many people with a $9k lift will never go.

F*** it go full long arm 4 link if you really wanna have the best.

Most will be better off with full armor and skids, better gear ratios, better axle shafts etc. If you're gonna wheel it hard enough to need that big a lift. If you're gonna do that lift AND those gears and shafts etc AND wheel it in places that demand it go all in. But if you don't know what you will need then go hit your local OHV park and ideal trails find your weak spots. Talk to your local Jeep club and figure out what's actually needed for the place you wanna go, not what the shop says is needed.

I mean you can kit out a Gladiator to $100k+ if you really wanted but the question is what does it open up for you that you would actually take advantage of? Some people will go there and do it.

I would suggest doing a good solid big lift with some Fox 2.0 basic shocks and see if you find a weak point. That'll set you back maybe $3k. The Fox 2.0 are not bank breaking shocks that if you swap out later you'd be upset about spending on. And someone will buy them from you.

Convenient the brands they mention as the best!!1!! are the ones they sell, never mind the other super popular and high quality kits from Clayton, Evo, Metalcloak, etc.

If you get a good adjustable kit with the capability to adapt to even larger springs, even if it isn't rear triangle. I can all but promise you that you will be able to grow and adjust without throwing the whole thing out.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There are other brands working on the triangulated 4 link as well. RK’s rep where I am isn’t the best. Basically everyone complained about the noise. Dry and dusty here though so it may not be as big of an issue elsewhere.

OP
OP
AzRob

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Yeah triangle rear is great. Question I have for OP is what will that allow them to do that the existing 5 link won't? Awesome no doubt but are you actually going to be exceeding the standard stuff to the point it's necessary? There's PLENTY of people who run really tough trails that don't have anything close to a $9k lift. S*** I bet there's people wheeling trucks that COST $9k in places many people with a $9k lift will never go.
AWESOME POST!!! .... thats why Im asking.... Is a $3k lift enough for 98% of the world?

you wrote "I would suggest doing a good solid big lift with some Fox 2.0 basic shocks and see if you find a weak point. That'll set you back maybe $3K"

What is that good solid big lift for the $3K? Because I don't know....

I guess Im trying to find where the threshold is between... ok / good and GREAT? I made the title to get some attention but If I can find some "EVO " or "Metalcloak" lift for $2800 and it's excellent and works for 98% of all people 98% of the time.... then that is... the answer Im looking for!

Thanks for your info!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AWESOME POST!!! .... thats why Im asking.... Is a $3k lift enough for 98% of the world?

I guess Im trying to find where the threshold is between... ok / good and GREAT? I made the title to get some attention but If I can find some "EVO " lift for $2800 is excellent and works for 98% of all people 98% of the time.... then that is... the answer Im looking for!

Thanks for your info!
I think a quality 3k lift of good for 99.9% off everyone 99.9% of the time. Until your getting into pro competition levels I don’t think you will need more

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland

you wrote "I would suggest doing a good solid big lift with some Fox 2.0 basic shocks and see if you find a weak point. That'll set you back maybe $3K"

What is that good solid big lift for the $3K? Because I don't know....

I guess Im trying to find where the threshold is between... ok / good and GREAT? I made the title to get some attention but If I can find some "EVO " lift for $2800 is excellent and works for 98% of all people 98% of the time.... then that is... the answer Im looking for!

Thanks for your info!
The stock Gladiator is honestly enough for 98% of the world, esp in Rubicon form.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Sorry missed your question about solid lift kits. There's plenty of companies that offer great adjustable kits. The 3 I mentioned... Clayton, Evo, Metalcloak are super highly regarded and can all adjust to big lift demands. As you mentioned everyone is gonna say their choice is the best. I have Clayton. I think they're the best. My 2.5" lift was more like 4" on my Overland. Their 3.5" even bigger. They base it on Rubicon with gear still having the advertised height. Leveling kits and Mopar kits won't do that. There's a post of Clayton 2.5" vs (Evo or MC I forget) 3" and the Clayton is higher even though not rated as high. There's no standard in measuring.

But anything with fully adjustable arms and trackbars should suffice all but the most hardcore.

Take your stock truck onto the OHV trails and you will maybe be shocked what it can do. I've gone up stuff with no lockers that I was sure I wouldn't make it up, but got up with no issue at all with a lift and 35" trail grapplers. What you have in AZ is different than what I have in NorCal which is different than FL, or New England, or etc. Your needs will be dictated by your local trails you want to do. Your local Jeepers are your best guides.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Here’s my opinion and questions op. What are you going to do with it after you get the lift? There’s plenty of lifts out there that will get the attention of many people, but what is it going to do for you?
For me... my queen has gone under a big surgery replacing many components under her skirt... lift,tires,steering,shocks,skids, and trussing. Did I need all that stuff to impress other people... nope... do I have issues on the trails in Colorado... nope. I built her in the way I wanted for me... Have I put in over $10 grand... yep... will people awe at it... everyday... do I care about their opinions... nope.
Buy what you think you need for what your going to do with it... if it’s status... do a coilover kit... switch to 42’s and add a v8. Again my opinion.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I don’t think you mentioned what your goal is as far as wheeling or how hard you wheel.

I would recommend the Teraflex Alpine arms, as they are adjustable but maintain street ability of stock bushings. Pair that with the Falcon 3.3 series 2 adjustable shocks and it will ride like a dream. Depending on what size tires, choose how high you wanna go with your lift height.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5" lift...look it up
Sponsored