Sponsored

99% Sure I'm Going Back to JLU Recon...Soft Top Needs to Go

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
As the title states, after almost a year, and loving our JTR, I am really, really thinking the JLUR Recon might just be the perfect Jeep for me....with that said, I am putting my New in Box, Premium Soft Top up on the Classified section......
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
As the title states, after almost a year, and loving our JTR, I am really, really thinking the JLUR Recon might just be the perfect Jeep for me....with that said, I am putting my New in Box, Premium Soft Top up on the Classified section......
Why didn't the gladiator work for you? How did the roof rack work?

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Why didn't the gladiator work for you? How did the roof rack work?
We’ve had 7 Wranglers over the years from TJs, JKs, and JLs....we wanted a camper a little bigger so the JT fit the bill, camper is gone and I really am liking the Rubicon Recon edition....
We’ve had the roof rack since our first JLU, didn’t have a chance to put it to use, likes the look though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to find a good deal on a Recon out there....throw me a line if anyone has a good contact as Arkansas dealers aren’t that generous with discounts!!!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, since you won't need that JT soft top, I'll volunteer to be a good friend and take it off your hands...And I won't even charge you anything for my troubles. :like:

:CWL:

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So, is JT passenger compartment the issue, or the bed... Just wondering if you want more jeep or less truck?

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, is JT passenger compartment the issue, or the bed... Just wondering if you want more jeep or less truck?
100% bed. We have never had a pick up before and this was our first foray into it, I like it a lot, and it gets looks as well.....
But it’s long! Mind you, there’s a 1% chance we keep it.....

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
100% bed. We have never had a pick up before and this was our first foray into it, I like it a lot, and it gets looks as well.....
One percent. Twice the fun. And, does plywood!

il_570xN.717097845_88na.jpg

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
4 door was never my cup of tea but I wouldn't switch.

Motor Trend - ""If you're looking for a diesel or a gas V-6, this isn't the Wrangler to get. All Rubicon Recon models feature Jeep's 2.0-liter turbo-four engine with mild hybrid technology. This powertrain produces 270 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, and it pairs to an eight-speed automatic transmission"".

Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Trying to find a good deal on a Recon out there....throw me a line if anyone has a good contact as Arkansas dealers aren’t that generous with discounts!!!!!
Have you called Kim Sims at Superior in Conway? She was going 5-6% under invoice on JTs with no fuss.

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you called Kim Sims at Superior in Conway? She was going 5-6% under invoice on JTs with no fuss.
I haven’t. Thanks for heads up!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the passenger compartment in the JT the same other than a slightly larger (3" more legroom) backseat? I also feel like the JTs back seat is more comfortable because it doesn't sit as straight up as the JLU... anyone else think the same? JT seems a bit more reclined I guess is what I'm saying.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
So why the Rubicon Recon ? The only difference my Hard Rock Rubicon and my sons Recon model is basically different decals on the hood and red seat belts. The mechanical spec are exactly the same (both JKs 2016 and 2017). For the JL Recon, the biggest difference is the 2 cyl turbo engine. Not worth the $5000 higher price IMO.
Sponsored