Sponsored

A different heated seats question...(OEM Parts)

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So, info up front: I have a cloth interior Sport S with the Cold Weather package.

I have wanted to go to OEM leather seats mainly for the rear seat to have the armrest cupholders, as I have small children and these will come in handy versus asking them to use the cupholders in the floor.

I ended up getting a great deal on a full leather take out from an Overland, but it doesn't have the heated seats option. I have perused parts diagrams but honestly hoping for someone that may have more parts knowledge to weigh in on my thinking process cause i don't know how difficult the heating pads are to install. Do they have different foam with cutouts for them to lay in? Do they just sit on top of the foam under the covers?

Trying to figure out the cheapest option to get my seat heaters back. I figure one option is having them just move the leather covers from the Overland seat base to mine, but read somewhere that the Overland seats have a better grade foam? But also feel like I'd be paying for double labor when it probably isn't necessary... So I have no idea.

Any thoughts or help here?

Edit: I do not have them in my possession just yet, so can't look at anything specific. Just trying to get a plan in place before they arrive.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Update, seats came in today. Yeah, no way to easily just add the heating pads to the new seats. The entire underside has a completely different harness that goes along with it. By the time I bought all that and had it installed, it’d be more expensive than simply paying someone to swap my seat covers. So that is what I’m gonna do I believe.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Update, seats came in today. Yeah, no way to easily just add the heating pads to the new seats. The entire underside has a completely different harness that goes along with it. By the time I bought all that and had it installed, it’d be more expensive than simply paying someone to swap my seat covers. So that is what I’m gonna do I believe.
I would just swap the covers yourself. Very easy just need hog rings and hog ring pliers
Sponsored