A huge pet peeve: graffiti for Instagram

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy's Ecodiesel
I was exploring out by Moab this weekend near some caves with pictographs and came across this:

PXL_20220311_215517970.jpg

This type of crap makes me furious. What sane person is going to spend the time to drive out in the middle of nowhere, then write down their Instagram and what I assume are their kids' names on a wall? How stupid do you have to be.

I just don't understand it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was exploring out by Moab this weekend near some caves with pictographs and came across this:

Jeep Gladiator A huge pet peeve: graffiti for Instagram PXL_20220311_215517970
View attachment 225999

This type of crap makes me furious. What sane person is going to spend the time to drive out in the middle of nowhere, then write down their Instagram and what I assume are their kids' names on a wall? How stupid do you have to be.

I just don't understand it.
Truly infuriating. I want to catch someone do this. They’ll get more than an earful, and their picture taken for the authorities.

OP
OP

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm trying to Instagram stalk him now. He posted what I assume are his kids name and his IG page says he is from South Dakota. It would be great if I could find an address to turn over to the local authorities or something. It would have been really great to catch him in the act, but I can at least try to ruin his day instead.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I'm trying to Instagram stalk him now. He posted what I assume are his kids name and his IG page says he is from South Dakota. It would be great if I could find an address to turn over to the local authorities or something. It would have been really great to catch him in the act, but I can at least try to ruin his day instead.
If he’s stupid enough to deface the rock with his instagram page, the authorities should have no trouble tracking him down. I hope that attention whore gets some unwanted attention in the form of a fine at the very least…

Sponsored

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
I wonder if you could sand blast it away without doing any more damage.....?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping maybe it’s black chalk.

if he was dumb enough to use his own handle, maybe he was dumb enough to photograph his family in front of it. Or at least in the area.

OP
OP

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm trying to hunt down a number for turning in tips on defacing historical sites on BLM property.

In the meantime, everyone with Instagram should follow his page and let him know what we think. It would be great if his IG has to be shut down because of a ton of angry messages any time he posts, it would take away all incentive for him to try and get followers.

OP
OP

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And luckily it didn't cover any pictographs. There was unfortunately quite a bit of other names etched in, he was just the only one stupid enough to include an IG handle and his kids full names.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I’m sure there must be a group,or organization around the Moab area dedicated to the removal of graffitied artifacts. Hopefully they can do it without further damage.

It just boggles my mind that somebody would be that stupid. I remember just a couple years ago, when that Tacomabeast kid got into a world of shit for doing something similar.

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I'm trying to hunt down a number for turning in tips on defacing historical sites on BLM property.

In the meantime, everyone with Instagram should follow his page and let him know what we think. It would be great if his IG has to be shut down because of a ton of angry messages any time he posts, it would take away all incentive for him to try and get followers.
Isnt “following his page” exactly what he wants? Do you have to “follow“ someone in order to let him know what a dumbass he is?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just report it to the BLM. They can use his instagram to find him. They’ll probably enjoy making an example.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If we want him caught, the worst thing we can do is harass him on social media. That will just make him remove posts or his account altogether.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Is it chalk? Or ink/paint/something more permanent? It kind of looks like charcoal or crayon

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
That was me that just replied to your response on his post.
Sponsored