Sponsored

A part I found in the glove box . What is it for?

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
Looks like it clips over your adaptive cruise control module for when your windshield is folded down.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank you!! Now it makes sense..

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Looks like FCA bid this instruction job out to our folks at Ikea. Clear as mud.
Let me get this clear, you tell us the icon up in the upper left corner of a Shovel and a Pick Ax did not tell you its a protective cover for the adaptive cruise control.

WOW, sorry but I have to ask what kind upbringing and schools did you attend, I mean the moment I saw that ICON I knew exactly what it was, what planet you living on???

I almost started a poll and who and who did not know what that was based upon that ICOn, but I decided to not embarrass you.

OK, Satire turned off!

Allow me to sum this up: WTF does the Shovel and pickaxe have to do with adaptive cruise control???? Hey, Jeep how about a simple label that says: Use this to protect your Adaptive cruise control module when the windshield is folded down. Place it _______________!

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
WTF does the Shovel and pickaxe have to do with adaptive cruise control????
Historically, every Jeep owner had a background in prospecting. One would not traverse the mountain dirt roads without their windshield down to get a good look at mineral/ore staining on the hillsides. Thus it should be obvious that when you engage prospecting mode, exposing your forward camera that lacks a sprayer (you did get the trail cam right?) and remind yourself you need to protect it with something. As you look in the glovebox for a piece of cardboard (like the one that came with the Gladiator multi-tool you tossed into there) you find this lunchbox thing that looks like it may do the job.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
Historically, every Jeep owner had a background in prospecting. One would not traverse the mountain dirt roads without their windshield down to get a good look at mineral/ore staining on the hillsides. Thus it should be obvious that when you engage prospecting mode, exposing your forward camera that lacks a sprayer (you did get the trail cam right?) and remind yourself you need to protect it with something. As you look in the glovebox for a piece of cardboard (like the one that came with the Gladiator multi-tool you tossed into there) you find this lunchbox thing that looks like it may do the job.
A good answer, but not so much correct, but a good answer nonetheless. The Jeep was not built for prospectors, it was built for soldiers and part of the BILLi (Basic Item Load List) for a Jeep was a shovel and a pickaxe along with a lot of other things. As far as the windshield down, well that is SOP for Combat units when not in the cantonment area in CONUS (Continental US) and Combat zones with the exception of Flag Grade Officers Jeeps.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
...built for soldiers and part of the BILLi (Basic Item Load List) for a Jeep was a shovel and a pickaxe along with a lot of other things...
You and your facts... The HMMWV I drove for the battalion commander didn't have a pickaxe! Must have been dropped for cost along with the armor and seat cushions.

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
You and your facts... The HMMWV I drove for the battalion commander didn't have a pickaxe! Must have been dropped for cost along with the armor and seat cushions.
That is what happened when they dropped the Jeep, one of the biggest mistakes the Army made...

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks like FCA bid this instruction job out to our folks at Ikea. Clear as mud.
Cannot figure out the pictographs?

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
For fun one day when I’m bored and sitting and waiting for some reason I’ll scan the QR code in the corner to see what happens. Will a great explanation and instructions appear on my phone screen or the same pictures as on the sticker???

HMMWVs still have the pioneer kit containing shovel, pick ax and other bits as part of the BII (newer term). The kit fits in a flat rack in several pieces. One handle that all the pieces can fit on in different configurations to do which ever job. The rack is strapped under the HMMWV in the back. Based off the “no armor” comment you were in garrison and likely had a soft side or shell model and this was awhile ago maybe but they had kits. This is all in the -10 I’m sure you used. Kits were rarely on because of them being lost or pilfered and rarely if ever was something like that needed.

To the windshield comment for those who haven’t used or thought about them - sounds like a comparison of military vs post war surplus use. It was standard practice for us to lift the hood of the HMMWV to cover the windshield when set up somewhere. This only really happened in garrison through my experience. Windshield does reflect the sun and can potentially be seen from a distance especially since it is so flat. It is easier to use an old piece of camo net to cover the windshield and just lift it or roll it up.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Let me get this clear, you tell us the icon up in the upper left corner of a Shovel and a Pick Ax did not tell you its a protective cover for the adaptive cruise control.

WOW, sorry but I have to ask what kind upbringing and schools did you attend, I mean the moment I saw that ICON I knew exactly what it was, what planet you living on???

I almost started a poll and who and who did not know what that was based upon that ICOn, but I decided to not embarrass you.

OK, Satire turned off!

Allow me to sum this up: WTF does the Shovel and pickaxe have to do with adaptive cruise control???? Hey, Jeep how about a simple label that says: Use this to protect your Adaptive cruise control module when the windshield is folded down. Place it _______________!

The pictograph instructions (lower windshield, put this in from of box behind rear view mirror) are 100% clear. Is your problem that those aren’t on both sides?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
The pictograph instructions (lower windshield, put this in from of box behind rear view mirror) are 100% clear. Is your problem that those aren’t on both sides?
HUH? MY PROBLEM? WHere did I say anything about the pictograph instructions, I NEVER did. So NO I don't have a problem, I wrote a satire piece on the "Shovel and Pick Ax", that was the only thing I referred too.

I see it's very early in Ca and maybe you should post after you get your first cup 'o joe down. If you were close I would invite you over for a cup of coffee and laugh. Lighten up, no one here has a problem!
Sponsored