Sponsored

Chris27519

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, WanttobeaJeep
Well, Iā€™m worse than Ezra and you guys. I have been lurking on this forum for few years and havenā€™t even bought a Gladiator yet!!

This is all out fear of buying an increasingly expensive vehicle and then wanting to spend even more on it! Havenā€™t been willing to take the plunge though I really want a rubicon or Mojave. Rented a rubicon for a week in Montana this past summer and loved it.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
I like the stock silver painted wheels of the Sport S, for now anyway, until I can afford the polished slotted wheels I think are awesome. For now, just planning on getting Falken WP3's put on so I have a bit of grip. I actually buy items for my Gladiator that I like and that I can afford. Being retired is pretty nice until you realize that being on a fixed income kind of sucks!

Sponsored

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜† Pretty funny. Buying a gladiator is the first step of hundreds - make that thousands or tens of thousands of little "tiny" dollar-steps. I'm $5k in with tools, recovery, compressor, air up/down, etc. and feel like I've barely started. Oh well.... It's only money and I'm getting older every day. Better spend it, right? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Charles 236

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Jeep technician
Nailed it. I didn't plan to mod, but I just had to have a foot rest. Next I had to have the grab handles, then I had to have.... Next thing I knew, I was saving every nickel and dime for mods. HELP!

Sponsored

ifishihuntiplay

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
Ezra's correct. It's hard to stop once you've started. Being friends with him, I'm going to try and get him out on the trails. But if he's fighting the urge to mod, I'm not sure what kind of friend I would be. Btw, he's never written a bad article, and his vids are just as entertaining.

SoCal Gunner

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mohave
Ha - I just read that before coming over here and I can totally identify. I swore I'd leave the Mojave stock, but I'm flirting with the AEV lift, bigger tires - but how big? Then comes gearing, and then I start doing the math and come back to staying stock. Well not exactly true... I want to add a tonneau/rack, but I can't make my damn mind up - arrrrrgh!

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Love the truth, and he is absolutely spot on with it!

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
It really is a slippery slope. Iā€™ve had mine a little under a year and Iā€™ve already more than doubled what I put into any of my previous vehicles.​

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
The thing thatā€™s different about the Gladiator though is that it is already a capable off road vehicle as is. Spent way more - WAY MORE - modifying my previous Tacoma just to try to get it near as capable as my Rubi is stock. I could have left the JT as it was and still been happy with it. Anything I add isnā€™t out of necessity, itā€™s for added fun. . .
Sponsored

Last edited: