First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6MT - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I got a little creative in order to make this happen.

OP
OP
ArkansasPig

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I propped it up with PVC boards. I cut them to match the shape of the bed rails. I used three and a half of them (I used a planer on one board to get the height of the lift right) on each side.
Jeep Gladiator A.R.E. Camper Shell With Soft Top Gladiator 24593FC0-0D2C-463E-B9EA-2B2C0F3732B1

I put a 4 bolts down through the shell, boards, and truck to fasten it down.
Then I covered the boards with red plastic.
Although, I may replace the plastic with something else. It’ll depend on how it holds up to the Arkansas Summer Heat this year.

I still need to attach a small strip of plastic to the back window so that it overhangs the top of the tailgate.
Jeep Gladiator A.R.E. Camper Shell With Soft Top Gladiator 31A7A3BD-A128-4D5F-95BC-CD57F6079E3C

OP
OP
ArkansasPig

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Jeep Gladiator A.R.E. Camper Shell With Soft Top Gladiator D1D8068F-20A4-4F9B-9D7B-5E9AD332907F
Here’s a shot of the front with the top down.
I have since covered the white boards (peeking out at the front of the shell) with red plastic.

Sponsored

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, 2021 Jeep JTR (on-order)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
So I take it that the soft top doesn’t work at all without your modifications? I would like to run the ARE topper but using the soft top is a must.

OP
OP
ArkansasPig

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
So I take it that the soft top doesn’t work at all without your modifications? I would like to run the ARE topper but using the soft top is a must.
Correct. The only fiberglass toppers available right now (that I know of) were designed for hardtop Gladiators. The soft top sits 2-3 inches higher than the hard top.
Your two choices with the A.R.E. topper are either raise it up or modify the front of it to match the contours of the soft top.
I chose the easy route and just lifted the topper.

irrelevantgoals

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. The only fiberglass toppers available right now (that I know of) were designed for hardtop Gladiators. The soft top sits 2-3 inches higher than the hard top.
Your two choices with the A.R.E. topper are either raise it up or modify the front of it to match the contours of the soft top.
I chose the easy route and just lifted the topper.
If the soft top sets higher why didn't it work?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Probably didn't work because of the top front curving front to match the profile of the hardtop. Sort of a drag they doidn't just design for both tops, I bet someoene never even thought of it in design department, how many pickup trucks com ewith soft or hard tops, perhaps they have caught this now and have a fix, or two tops now, might be worth a call, they might send out the correct top, if your real lucky....Jack

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArkansasPig

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
If the soft top sets higher why didn't it work?
JaxMax is right. The front of the topper has a contour that leans forward. You have to either slide the topper back or lift it up if you want it to match up to the soft top. The problem with sliding it back is that it'll overhang the tailgate by a few inches.
Lifting it up isn't so bad because I benefit from a few extra inches of top end room in the bed.

OP
OP
ArkansasPig

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
First - I would be very interested to see some pictures of how you mounted the topper to the bed. Second - I wonder if the RSI smartcap would work. Doesn't have the forward angle on the cabside...

See @TheHops 's thread here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/installed-my-rsi-smartcap-evo-review.37035/

1617834462979.png
Yes, I believe this topper would fit just fine. I really wanted a painted fiberglass topper though. I like the looks of it. Plus, the A.R.E. I ordered was about $1700 if memory serves me right. I'm pretty sure the RSI ones are a bit more expensive.
I'll try to remember to grab some pics of how I bolted it down. It was pretty simple really. I just drilled through everything and slid a bolt through.

Marinertom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JT Diesel. 19’ Cherokee
Occupation
Mariner
FYI on the RSI smartcap. It works with the soft top. Here are some videos.

Gahill2

First Name
Hill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
FYI on the RSI smartcap. It works with the soft top. Here are some videos.

Is anyone running this setup yet? I'd want one in white even thought the soft top is black...