High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Bought my JTR Launch Edition September 1, 2019. I have done a lot of mods and mods to the mods. It now has about 45k mile and I’ll be keeping it for the foreseeable future. The 2024 updates are tempting bigger screen, enhanced safety, power seats and the improved air flow of the grill. But the one I have has provided many smiles/mile and promises to continue doing so.
The last thing my eyes need in a vehicle is a bigger screen. Power seats would be nice, but I also dig the manual strap adjustments. I say you have a great plan!
Sponsored

Fortus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
A sports car, convertible or big V8 truck would be fun for a little while, but not very long.
I have a convertible sports car and a V8 sporty sedan, and they are also a lot of fun, but guess where they're spending the winter: In storage. The Gladdy is my year-round-utility-plus-fun favorite.

OP
OP
High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a convertible sports car and a V8 sporty sedan, and they are also a lot of fun, but guess where they're spending the winter: In storage. The Gladdy is my year-round-utility-plus-fun favorite.
Are you just going to sit there and tease us or show us pics of these garage queens?!

Fortus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Are you just going to sit there and tease us or show us pics of these garage queens?!
LOL. The Gladiator is actually the garage queen this time of year. The other two are literally stored away in a facility with covers on. Sorry to disappoint, but they are nothing to look at anyway. It's an old Boxster and an old BMW. All 3 have something in common though: Naturally aspirated, hydraulic steering (JT is hydro-electric actually), and an analog feel to them. With the Boxster being the rawest\least-forgiving\noisiest\harshest on-road ride of the 3. The BMW the better balanced and best OEM on-road suspension of the bunch. The Gladiator the most rugged, practical and of course happiest to go on dirt and snow of the group. It's a three-way love affair, sort of speak :)

However, my wife keeps nagging me bout getting rid of the old cars that I only drive half of the year, etc. The solution was to get them out of her sight and hence the storage thing. Only the Gladiator and I know where they're hidden (J\K).

OP
OP
High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL. The Gladiator is actually the garage queen this time of year. The other two are literally stored away in a facility with covers on. Sorry to disappoint, but they are nothing to look at anyway. It's an old Boxster and an old BMW. All 3 have something in common though: Naturally aspirated, hydraulic steering (JT is hydro-electric actually), and an analog feel to them. With the Boxster being the rawest\least-forgiving\noisiest\harshest on-road ride of the 3. The BMW the better balanced and best OEM on-road suspension of the bunch. The Gladiator the most rugged, practical and of course happiest to go on dirt and snow of the group. It's a three-way love affair, sort of speak :)

However, my wife keeps nagging me bout getting rid of the old cars that I only drive half of the year, etc. The solution was to get them out of her sight and hence the storage thing. Only the Gladiator and I know where they're hidden (J\K).
Very nice. My mom still has her 97 Boxter, fun car!

IMG_5145.jpeg

Sponsored

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
On a happy note, after a ton of hard work, I just received my lien release letter after paying the JT off! I’m going to have so much fun in this thing. Will it be a love/hate relationship like any other Jeep? Of course! But, I can’t imagine not having a Jeep on those off road days, beach trips or practically any warm, sunny day. No other vehicle keeps a smile on my face like a Jeep. A sports car, convertible or big V8 truck would be fun for a little while, but not very long.

This Jeep is my daily and I have 0 regrets. If interest rates are scaring you for any vehicle, budget to pay off the principle quickly. These aren’t mortgages, 7% or slightly lower isn’t that bad (With a good down payment). Covid rates are gone.

If you are in your Jeep for the long haul and are determined to pay off the loan, It feels so good! More money for mods, gas, trips, etc.

Don‘t take this as a braggy or "good for you" post. I’m trying to shed some light on all of the negative, "Time to sell", "Tried trading in my Jeep" or "Value down the toilet" threads.

Rausch Creek and OBX are first on my list ☀ If any other east coast or people traveling to the east coast are planning any trips/trail rides, please keep the forum updated as I may join. This is the reason I bought a capable, off road machine.

Happy Jeeping to you all!
I hear ya Bro. Two and half years I’ll be an outright JT owner and the mods will begin

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
On a happy note, after a ton of hard work, I just received my lien release letter after paying the JT off! I’m going to have so much fun in this thing. Will it be a love/hate relationship like any other Jeep? Of course! But, I can’t imagine not having a Jeep on those off road days, beach trips or practically any warm, sunny day. No other vehicle keeps a smile on my face like a Jeep. A sports car, convertible or big V8 truck would be fun for a little while, but not very long.

This Jeep is my daily and I have 0 regrets. If interest rates are scaring you for any vehicle, budget to pay off the principle quickly. These aren’t mortgages, 7% or slightly lower isn’t that bad (With a good down payment). Covid rates are gone.

If you are in your Jeep for the long haul and are determined to pay off the loan, It feels so good! More money for mods, gas, trips, etc.

Don‘t take this as a braggy or "good for you" post. I’m trying to shed some light on all of the negative, "Time to sell", "Tried trading in my Jeep" or "Value down the toilet" threads.

Rausch Creek and OBX are first on my list ☀ If any other east coast or people traveling to the east coast are planning any trips/trail rides, please keep the forum updated as I may join. This is the reason I bought a capable, off road machine.

Happy Jeeping to you all!
Congrats! My 2020 JTR is paid off Feb 2025. I plan to keep it 10 years..we’ll see what’s available in 2030.

OP
OP
High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jaybre007

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Production Control Clerk
Just want to say thanks for posting a positive note and that is amazing you paid off your Jeep. I have a few years left but I really love my Jeep and couldn't imagine life without it!

Jeeper44mag

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2018 JKU
Occupation
Detention
Congrats to all those who have already paid them off! I just bought a new-to-me 2020 JTR a couple months ago (3.6L,auto,29k miles,mostly stock), and still owe ~$20k on it. Like some others have mentioned, I won't be doing any serious mods until it's paid off (in another year or so since it's my only debt). Hoping to get another year out of the stock tires (look to have about half tread left) so I can do a lift, tires, gears all at the same time.

Luis

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
My first trip to “The Point” OBX back in 2020

Jeep Gladiator A rare happy thread! IMG_0088

OP
OP
High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My first trip to “The Point” OBX back in 2020

Jeep Gladiator A rare happy thread! IMG_0088
I can't wait. We usually stay in Duck, but we are renting a house on a 4x4 access only next year.

OP
OP
High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats to all those who have already paid them off! I just bought a new-to-me 2020 JTR a couple months ago (3.6L,auto,29k miles,mostly stock), and still owe ~$20k on it. Like some others have mentioned, I won't be doing any serious mods until it's paid off (in another year or so since it's my only debt). Hoping to get another year out of the stock tires (look to have about half tread left) so I can do a lift, tires, gears all at the same time.

Luis
Doing it all at once is the right way to go. Take advantage of the marketplace here on the forum too, lots of good stuff. If you're able to put more towards the loan every month, do it - the sooner you will be car debt free and that much closer to customizing your build!

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Great post and fun thread, thanks everyone!
I had mods on my 2021 Mojave within about 8 hours after picking it up at the dealership, lol.
Fingers crossed I can get it paid off by early 2025, that will be a relief.

4PeaksJT.jpg

OP
OP
High Alextude

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great post and fun thread, thanks everyone!
I had mods on my 2021 Mojave within about 8 hours after picking it up at the dealership, lol.
Fingers crossed I can get it paid off by early 2025, that will be a relief.

Jeep Gladiator A rare happy thread! 4PeaksJT
In it's natural habitat - very cool and capable looking mojave!
Sponsored