That's why we exist. Thanks.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Just a shout out to all... I have benefitted immensely from all of the info, opinions, banter, etc... thanks!
This is very true, also, in my case...
def one of the best forums I'm on regularly.

I appreciate reading from each of you and--even more so--seeing photos of your Jeeps, regardless of color!

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
In my experience, all too often forums turn ugly and eventually the "good members" either stop posting or leave. Thus far, this one has been much more civilized; I think it is because the JT is new and relatively expensive, so there are fewer younger members who buy one then feel the need to join the forum and act tough behind a keyboard. Those who are here seem to be more mature and appreciate the (mostly) respectful atmosphere.

Members here also seem quick to apologize when we offend or clarify when someone takes something the wrong way -- that's called being a grown-up and what makes a place like this enjoyable to participate in, even when we don't always agree.

I am hopeful that after the JT has been out for a few years and gets more affordable for the masses, the collective comradery here will snuff out any negativity before it takes over. Life is full of doom and gloom, and I personally enjoy reading and posting here because it is a way to get away from that and just talk about Gladiators. Y'all have been so helpful and accepting, even though I don't (yet) have one! :like:

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Maybe its just the Jeep folk period! We wave at strangers.... LOL. When I had my Gen 3 Tacoma I joined Tacomaworld and for the most part they are whiny biaches. OMG the drama. This site has been great and helpful. Thanks everyone.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe its just the Jeep folk period! We wave at strangers.... LOL. When I had my Gen 3 Tacoma I joined Tacomaworld and for the most part they are whiny biaches. OMG the drama. This site has been great and helpful. Thanks everyone.
Yeah I’ve been on a lot of forums & you gotta have thick skin, one persons idea of a mod could make others loose their lunch. But i just appreciate people doing what they love to their Jeeps. And a lot of great ideas on here. And deep pockets so don’t get jealous when you can’t swing a Hemi & tons on 42’s just be happy for the guy.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience, all too often forums turn ugly and eventually the "good members" either stop posting or leave. Thus far, this one has been much more civilized; I think it is because the JT is new and relatively expensive, so there are fewer younger members who buy one then feel the need to join the forum and act tough behind a keyboard. Those who are here seem to be more mature and appreciate the (mostly) respectful atmosphere.

Members here also seem quick to apologize when we offend or clarify when someone takes something the wrong way -- that's called being a grown-up and what makes a place like this enjoyable to participate in, even when we don't always agree.

I am hopeful that after the JT has been out for a few years and gets more affordable for the masses, the collective comradery here will snuff out any negativity before it takes over. Life is full of doom and gloom, and I personally enjoy reading and posting here because it is a way to get away from that and just talk about Gladiators. Y'all have been so helpful and accepting, even though I don't (yet) have one! :like:
If you look like your profile pic, perhaps everyone is deathly afraid of offending you? LOL

No, your thoughts are pretty much it.
I operate a forum, administer, pay the bills, help, with my partner, choose moderators and so on and we have rules - and if you get so many strikes you get a time-out and if you do it again, banned. It's VERY rare. In fact, members can like here report posts and often if someone gets out of line the old-timers come in and kick their hiney around a bit.
We've lost some really great members over time - but then the forum is 12 years old and quite a few members are very hard-core extreme performance people who can't handle anyone not being like them...... luckily though I've added sections for the "hard-core racers and if you ain't blowing engines you aren't worth having around"crowd to hang out in and brag about their engines being the best.
We try really hard to encourage newbies to come in and try to keep it from being a performance, highly modified type forum so that people with a postal Jeep or a 59 Rambler feel welcome.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
If you look like your profile pic, perhaps everyone is deathly afraid of offending you? LOL
Lol...nah, I'm a softy. My avatar is a nod to my home Province of British Columbia. It was featured in a recent commercial and just spoke to me. Here's the commercial; you'll see someone familiar near the end:

I'd highly recommend people come visit and #ExploreBC; if you love the outdoors, you'll fall in love with this place. I've spent more time exploring BC than I have traveling anywhere else in the world and I still have so much more to see. There is so much Crown (public) land that you can drive for miles without ever seeing pavement, and in many cases, without seeing another person.

Here are a couple more inspirational videos to whet your whistle if you've never been here (be sure to watch in full HD):

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, your thoughts are pretty much it.
I operate a forum, administer, pay the bills, help, with my partner, choose moderators and so on and we have rules - and if you get so many strikes you get a time-out and if you do it again, banned. It's VERY rare. In fact, members can like here report posts and often if someone gets out of line the old-timers come in and kick their hiney around a bit.
We've lost some really great members over time - but then the forum is 12 years old and quite a few members are very hard-core extreme performance people who can't handle anyone not being like them...... luckily though I've added sections for the "hard-core racers and if you ain't blowing engines you aren't worth having around"crowd to hang out in and brag about their engines being the best.
We try really hard to encourage newbies to come in and try to keep it from being a performance, highly modified type forum so that people with a postal Jeep or a 59 Rambler feel welcome.
We'd be remiss to put a shout-out to the forum members without acknowledging the hard work of our moderators! It's a thankless job, and they deserve our appreciation for keeping things in line while walking the censorship line. :clap::clap::clap:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lol...nah, I'm a softy. My avatar is a nod to my home Province of British Columbia. It was featured in a recent commercial and just spoke to me. Here's the commercial; you'll see someone familiar near the end:

I'd highly recommend people come visit and #ExploreBC; if you love the outdoors, you'll fall in love with this place. I've spent more time exploring BC than I have traveling anywhere else in the world and I still have so much more to see. There is so much Crown (public) land that you can drive for miles without ever seeing pavement, and in many cases, without seeing another person.

Here are a couple more inspirational videos to whet your whistle if you've never been here (be sure to watch in full HD):

People forget there are rain forests on THIS continent....... and not that far from many of us. Driveable distance for many.
Went to Alaska in 2018 and spent almost 2 weeks. Went into Canada a bit, then back, then down the coast to Seattle to fly back home. BEAUTIFUL territory up there, and thankfully, people are working hard to preserve it so we can see, experience and enjoy.
Got some pics of bears while up there, had to stop more than once to let them cross the highway.
My wife and I say we'd go back in a heartbeat, this time on our own and just go where we wanted, explore, and spend time.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We'd be remiss to put a shout-out to the forum members without acknowledging the hard work of our moderators! It's a thankless job, and they deserve our appreciation for keeping things in line while walking the censorship line. :clap::clap::clap:
Amen. As admin, I have to function as moderator at times - and I'm normally happy to leave it to those my partner and I chose to be moderators. It's a diverse group we chose based on their tendency to stay out of frays, be a-political, and people persons. One is a Lutheran minister, another a teacher, one a rep for a telecommunications company, another a former border guard between USA and Canada near Niagara and "former" marine (ok, you are never former marine, just sort of retired)
They are so good at it that we hardly ever have to get involved - can't even remember the last time.

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I genuinely appreciate how helpful and welcoming everyone has been here. I love being back in a Jeep after 15 years and I love the helpful input folks share here. I consider myself a newbie. I’m not a gear head but I love learning, trying things out for myself and exploring. This vehicle and community gives me that opportunity.
I’m also excited about how in an unexpected way, my whole research and buying process has been fun for me and my family. My little kids get excited about seeing jeeps, my wife does too and we all occasionally talk about the adventures we can go in because of this vehicle.

Thank you all food making this forum fun, welcoming and helpful!