Sponsored

About factory colors....

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else here besides me wish the gladiator was offered in all of the same colors as the JL (and vise-versa)? If I had a choice and were ready to buy today, I'd want to pick the darker shade of blue, referred to as Ocean Blue, as apposed to the the tone we get, Hydro Blue if I had the option to do so. How about the rest of you, would you like to see a factory JL color on the Gladiator that isn't on our choice list?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While we're at it, I'll throw in the question about tan soft tops. Here's a visual reference regarding both posts, using my two preferred builds as a basis:
j2AJXY8clMSvHy0spKs3oSNu96RfjIQxBAe&&pov=summaryext1&width=1200&height=600&bkgrnd=&resp=jpg&cut=.jpg

5QWmOR4kmU70DBqCFtTwzjDEj2P8oY8cwCP&&pov=summaryext1&width=1200&height=600&bkgrnd=&resp=jpg&cut=.jpg

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I don't wish that. I am a long time Wrangler and CJ owner, and one of the things about the class is that they have long had a color or two that were only available on a Wrangler (or CJ). I don't think we should just throw tradition out the window

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The thing is though, the Gladiator pretty much is a Wrangler in every way except the model name, especially if you consider the whole Scrambler evolution concept, so it feels like this should be an exception to that idea.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
The doors are the same as a Wrangler, but the body and frame are pretty much different for all they look like the JL. They really share very few parts.

But point taken, and you could have the right of it.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
The thing is though, the Gladiator pretty much is a Wrangler in every way except the model name, especially if you consider the whole Scrambler evolution concept, so it feels like this should be an exception to that idea.
Somebody pointed out somewhere on here that the paint codes are repeated so if you go aftermarket respray double check the paint color!

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does that mean you can get the factory paint of a different color on respray?

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
My sport it Firecracker red with tan interior, I would love a tan soft top to set it off, but we'll see.

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
I don’t care if the colors are the same as JL, it would have been nice to have some good color choices. How many versions of grey are really needed? I would like a green of the non army variety. Though gator is my fav color offered.

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I don’t care if the colors are the same as JL, it would have been nice to have some good color choices. How many versions of grey are really needed? I would like a green of the non army variety. Though gator is my fav color offered.
How many shades of grey indeed!

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had briefly thought of the idea of "what if it was offered in yellow", first time in my lifetime that a new jeep was produced that could be accurately labled as a Tonka Truck!

I heard that they did it as an official limited-production run for the CJs, as shown bellow:
Jeep Gladiator About factory colors.... {filename}

Last edited:

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
If they offered it in Hella Yella I would have ordered an Overland in that color or maybe a Sport S. I prefer those body color fenders.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Does anyone else here besides me wish the gladiator was offered in all of the same colors as the JL (and vise-versa)? If I had a choice and were ready to buy today, I'd want to pick the darker shade of blue, referred to as Ocean Blue, as apposed to the the tone we get, Hydro Blue if I had the option to do so. How about the rest of you, would you like to see a factory JL color on the Gladiator that isn't on our choice list?
just be careful using the build tool color renderings as some of the colors are not accurate. Such as Gator - way off. Blue? not sure yet.
Sponsored