First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
I installed the Mopar lift kit, followed direction to the T... made sure all appropriate working harness and cables were disconnected and loose throughout the entire process. As soon as I pulled down the road the abs randomly kicked on when I let off the gas. Happened a couple of time on my 5 minute drive.
curious if anyone else had issues like this? Or maybe if I should be rebooting the ABS system (if that’s even a thing). Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Is the steering wheel centered when you are driving straight?

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Mopar lift kit, followed direction to the T... made sure all appropriate working harness and cables were disconnected and loose throughout the entire process. As soon as I pulled down the road the abs randomly kicked on when I let off the gas. Happened a couple of time on my 5 minute drive.
curious if anyone else had issues like this? Or maybe if I should be rebooting the ABS system (if that’s even a thing). Thanks in advance
I would check the abs connector at each wheel for a bent pin or not fully connected.

OP
OP
LarBear

LarBear

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
This is the most common issue...
It is not. I am having it aligned tomorrow (knew that would be an issue in advance). Is this possibly related?

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
You don’t need an alignment, just loosen the lockdown bolt on the adjustment sleeve on the drag link and turn it to recenter the steering wheel then tighten it back up. It should be in the lift instructions.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It is not. I am having it aligned tomorrow (knew that would be an issue in advance). Is this possibly related?
Yes, that is your problem. The stability control is kicking in because it thinks you are in a skid. Your steering MUST be centered before driving. It’s a 15mm pinch bolt and a twist of the collar.

OP
OP
LarBear

LarBear

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
You don’t need an alignment, just loosen the lockdown bolt on the adjustment sleeve on the drag link and turn it to recenter the steering wheel then tighten it back up. It should be in the lift instructions.
That was most certainly not in the lift instructions, but thank you very much for telling me. Jumping on that first thing in the morning. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Mac