First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
My JTW makes a chirping noise under light accel that i can easily hear w the windows down. Cant explain the noise, kinda like a fluttering w a chirping sound. It only has 7600 miles on it, and only does it when cold during light accel from a stop or slow turn. Bizzare, had/have several diesels never made a chirping noise. It rattles "keys" during moderate accel too, but i heard thats something the injectors do. My 6.4 Ford does the key rattling too. Anyway, anyone w some answers or same experiance, would like to solve
Sponsored

NextStep9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland Diesel
Coincidentally Mrmo, this is what I posted recently under a different heading, which seems similar to your issue: I just took delivery of my new, 2022 diesel Gladiator and I'm concerned about what seems to be an unusual whistling or "tappet" noise when accelerating. It's quite noticeable. This seems independent of the unique diesel growl or clatter, for lack of better descriptive words, and probably not related to the turbo spooling. The noise is always present but quite noticeable during acceleration. Any thoughts? This sound can easily be described as a "chirping noise" as you described and I was told by two Jeep mechanics, one of whom I've known for nearly thirty years, that it's the sound of the electric fuel injectors. Apparently, they are located near the back of the diesel engine and close to the firewall, which offers minimal insulation from the sound of the engine. I find it very annoying and distracting.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Yes I agree....I figured the injectors may be the culprit, the high pressure rattling of the pre-injection may be making them do that. It seems to go away or reduce in noise after warmed up good.

NextStep9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland Diesel
Cold or warm, the clicking sound is omnipresent.
Sponsored