Sponsored

ACE JT Gladiator Rock Sliders, Would buy them again, are you happy with them, hate them, please let me know.

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
Howdy All,

I am thinking real hard about buying a set of the these rock sliders, I like the idea of being able to keep the Rubi bars and add these.

https://aceengineeringandfab.com/products/ace-jt-gladiator-rock-sliders

But, and it's a real BIG but, the price of these rock sliders has doubled since I first read about them on this forum, $1,274.99, is the current price that's a lot of money so before I decide to spend it I am asking the forum members to tell from their personal experience, the GOOD, BAD and UGLY about this product. THANKS.

Dave
Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I have these on our 14 JKU and love them. They have taken a beateing man7y times over and are still almost new condition. I, however would not pay what they are asking for them now.

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I have them on mine, for about 2.5 years now. They are great, take a beating and look fresh.
But, I paid less than half that and wouldnt pay as much as the current price.
There’s other’s out there that might work with the rubi-rails for less.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I have these on our 14 JKU and love them. They have taken a beateing man7y times over and are still almost new condition. I, however would not pay what they are asking for them now.
Howdy Joel,

Thanks for your reply. I can't understand how something so simple that has not changed in design can double in price. Well actually I can but I'd get thrown off the forum for saying it.

Dave

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I have them on mine, for about 2.5 years now. They are great, take a beating and look fresh.
But, I paid less than half that and wouldnt pay as much as the current price.
There’s other’s out there that might work with the rubi-rails for less.
Howdy Red Hot Sloth,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked and have not found any other rock sliders that retain the Rubi rails, if you know of any please send a link.

Dave

Sponsored

Partysub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 sting gray mojave
I have owned 3 sets of these for 3 different jeeps. I had them on a jk, a jku and now my gladiator. The price was tough to accept, but they were exactly what I wanted on my previous jeeps and held up incredibly well, so I bit the bullet and paid the new much higher price. As of right now I am waiting to hear back from Aces customer service because within a month almost all of the welded joints have rust forming. My gladiator is always parked in the garage when home and barely saw rain or snow since I bought it. My previous jeeps saw tons of rain and snow and never had any rust. Hopefully ace has some solution for me because they are exactly what I want and I'd hate to have to replace them with something else.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I have owned 3 sets of these for 3 different jeeps. I had them on a jk, a jku and now my gladiator. The price was tough to accept, but they were exactly what I wanted on my previous jeeps and held up incredibly well, so I bit the bullet and paid the new much higher price. As of right now I am waiting to hear back from Aces customer service because within a month almost all of the welded joints have rust forming. My gladiator is always parked in the garage when home and barely saw rain or snow since I bought it. My previous jeeps saw tons of rain and snow and never had any rust. Hopefully ace has some solution for me because they are exactly what I want and I'd hate to have to replace them with something else.
Howdy Partysub,

Thanks for your reply. That is very valuable information, if the price has doubled but the quality has gone DOWN that kinda throws a red flag. I really like the design I am torn over the price.

Dave

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Ive got em, and they are stout. They fit over the factory
rock rails (i have a Willys, it comes w Rubicon sliders). Only one gripe. They are pretty high from the ground, and using them as a step into the truck doesnt work for me, im 6'1". Puts my head above the roof and i cant turn into the seat. My wife seems to use them ok

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Ive got em, and they are stout. They fit over the factory
rock rails (i have a Willys, it comes w Rubicon sliders). Only one gripe. They are pretty high from the ground, and using them as a step into the truck doesnt work for me, im 6'1". Puts my head above the roof and i cant turn into the seat. My wife seems to use them ok
Howdy mrmo,

Thanks for your reply. I don't need a step I am 6' but my wife who is 5'1" has a heck of a time getting in and out.

Dave

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
They will work good for her. When i put the lift on my truck i wont be able to do like i do now, reach a leg up in and pull myself into the seat. I do use my Left foot on the ACE bar to push me in. I will take some pics inna min

Sponsored

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
They will work good for her. When i put the lift on my truck i wont be able to do like i do now, reach a leg up in and pull myself into the seat. I do use my Left foot on the ACE bar to push me in. I will take some pics inna min
Howdy mrmo,

I have looked at all the photos I can find of these sliders but none of them show how LOW they hang when they go under the Rubi rails. Does the lowest point on the Ace sliders hang BELOW the frame, how much lower are they then the bottom of the Rubi rails? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Dave

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
They are tight up against the bottom of the existing rail, with a small gap. There is one full tube thickness below the stock slider. They are 2" tube.

20220521_202232.jpg

20220521_202153.jpg

20220521_202202.jpg

20220521_202206.jpg

20220521_202215.jpg

20220521_203709.jpg

20220521_203723.jpg

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Its hard to tell but they angle up even or slighty higher than the stock slider

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
They are tight up against the bottom of the existing rail, with a small gap. There is one full tube thickness below the stock slider. They are 2" tube.

Jeep Gladiator ACE JT Gladiator Rock Sliders, Would buy them again, are you happy with them, hate them, please let me know. 20220521_203723

Jeep Gladiator ACE JT Gladiator Rock Sliders, Would buy them again, are you happy with them, hate them, please let me know. 20220521_203723

Howdy mrmo,

Thank you very much for the photos, they do a good job of showing what I was concerned about. Another thing I like about keeping the Rubi rails is that when using the Ace rails as a step your toes will rub against the Rubi rail rather then be scrubbing against the body paint, or at least that's the way it looks in all of the photos I have seen.

Dave

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
That is correct paint stays good. It is lower but w a double tube/rail set up you aint never gonna hurt the body.
Sponsored