tjk

First Name
TK
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Fed
Both my prior Cherokee and my current Gladiator came with adaptive cruise control. I like the system, but if someone I’m behind is going slow and I signal to get in the left lane to pass, it pins the accelerator and drops down to fourth gear to get going.

in my wife’s Rav4, the acceleration is much calmer.

Is there any way to adjust this? Can the Tazer do it?

Advertisement

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Both my prior Cherokee and my current Gladiator came with adaptive cruise control. I like the system, but if someone I’m behind is going slow and I signal to get in the left lane to pass, it pins the accelerator and drops down to fourth gear to get going.

in my wife’s Rav4, the acceleration is much calmer.

Is there any way to adjust this? Can the Tazer do it?
Mine is the same way. The greater the difference between the current speed and the set speed, the more aggressive the acceleration when the ACC increases the speed to try and achieve what is set.

Activating the left turn signal tells the ACC that you are planning to manually clear the slower object in front of you by changing lanes. It starts accelerating to accommodate the intended move.

I have not read of any way to change the ACC behavior.

OregonTrail

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Communications Tech
I was just about to post on the same issue. My ACC seems to be aggressive. I wish there was a smoother transition when accelerating. It seems like the gas pedal is mashed to the floor and the tranny kicks down 2 gears. Then, if someone changes lanes in front of me, the brakes are pressed too much, which has caused people behind me to emergency brake, because they see my jeep pitching forward. I almost consider the adaptive cruise control borderline dangerous. In fact, I have to stay aware of cars in front of me and behind me to the point that it's almost self-defeating. This was the complete opposite in my Subaru Outback, which had a very nice ACC system that allowed me to relax a bit and allow the car to ease off or pick up when needed, but not so abruptly and aggressively.

I LOVE having ACC, but Jeep needs to work on this big time. As of now, It's almost unusable.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I agree with everyone. The ACC needs to chill out on accelerating.

I would also like to have a cruise that would fluctuate up to 5 mph to avoid downshifting and increase MPG. Meaning if you set to 70 it would go up to 75 down hill and 65 uphill. Just in case someone of greater power is listening. ;)

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
I don’t have ACC, but I have noticed my regular cruise control seems to accelerate aggressively then slow down abruptly, like it overshoots the set speed and has to compensate. I con run it smoother myself...WTF?

OregonTrail

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Communications Tech
I would think it could be corrected in the software.

Advertisement

Advertisement