Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop (unavailable with some configurations)... which configurations?

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm nearly ready to order my Gladiator, and after much deliberation I've grudgingly decided to go with the Adaptive Cruise Control option. I see in the build tool, however, that it "may not be available with some configurations". I'm opting for a manual transmission, and if any configuration is likely to not be ACC-capable I suspect it's the one with the clutch pedal.

upload_2019-10-1_19-1-44.png

I'd hate to dump the cash into the Safety Group and ACC options only to have my Gladiator show up with only the brake assist and forward collision warning options enabled.

Can anyone confirm ACC works with a manual transmission? @JeepCares ?
Sponsored

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would doubt it unless it shifts for you...the ACC will bring you to an almost complete stop if the person in front of you is turning

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
I'm nearly ready to order my Gladiator, and after much deliberation I've grudgingly decided to go with the Adaptive Cruise Control option. I see in the build tool, however, that it "may not be available with some configurations". I'm opting for a manual transmission, and if any configuration is likely to not be ACC-capable I suspect it's the one with the clutch pedal.

I'd hate to dump the cash into the Safety Group and ACC options only to have my Gladiator show up with only the brake assist and forward collision warning options enabled.

With the manual transmission here is what the packages contain.

2.JPG

3.JPG

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
Someone said in another thread (donā€™t remember which) that ACC does indeed work with the manual. However, as @MaximusDecimusMeridius pointed out it canā€™t shift for you or take it out of gear. So it wonā€™t bring you to a complete stop. I think it will only slow you down to 15 mph - if you come up behind someone going slower than that youā€™ll have to intervene manually

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Hi fixbroke,
When it comes to vehicle ordering/configurations, your dealer is in the best place to assist you. I have included a dealer locator below to help you find a dealer near you to assist!
https://www.jeep.com/find-dealer.html
Alex
Jeep Cares

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase

I'm pretty sure the manual is the one thing you can't have and get the full monty. I have it and love it, you can set the sensitivity and if you want it to brake or just warn you. I'm an aggressive driver and the only thing that has caused it to start braking and it warns before it brakes, is me anticipating that someone who has slowed way down is turning and I'm going to be able to go around them, if they are sticking even a little in the lane it will apply brakes.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The ACC, with the Auto trans, will come to a stop. If it can't start moving again, it cancels and requires manual intervention. I use it all the time for freeway travel and let it control the speed and distance from cars in front of me. I leave it active up to top of the off ramp, and then take over when it stops.
Sponsored