Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) works in stop and go traffic?

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Can anyone who has the Adaptive Cruise Control option confirm if it works in a stop and go traffic? Meaning, it can fully stop when a car ahead stopped and without human intervention go as soon as car in front moves?

Thank you.
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
It will stop for a few seconds. As soon as you come to a full stop the display will tell you ACC turning off apply brake (or something like that). If traffic moves again before the system times out it will take off on it's own.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
what @TennesseePA said, i've had it in stop and go, and after a few times it gets annoyed and turns off.

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I see. Thank you guys. Seems it is not on the level of true stop and go traffic help. That just convinced me not to go for this option and save 2K.

Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
exactly, and I enjoy that feature, most of the time :)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I see. Thank you guys. Seems it is not on the level of true stop and go traffic help. That just convinced me not to go for this option and save 2K.
If you do very much highway driving, I would recommend ordering it. It handles traffic well, and works in slow moving traffic. If it has to come to a complete stop, it will disengage after a few seconds, but when traffic is moving again just hit the resume button. It is an aid for the driver, it is not designed to drive for you.

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
has anyone noticed that it's very aggressive on braking and accelerating? mine works well, but it just seems to do everything with urgency for some reason.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone noticed that it's very aggressive on braking and accelerating? mine works well, but it just seems to do everything with urgency for some reason.
Mine is aggressive on acceleration. It seems to be more aggressive the greater the difference between current speed and set speed.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
One thing to note - if you have a manual transmission ACC will not bring your Jeep to a full stop. It will only go as slow as 15 mph. Other than that, I'm quite looking forward to trying it out when mine arrives. I have ACC on my daily driver and quite like it.

Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine is aggressive on acceleration. It seems to be more aggressive the greater the difference between current speed and set speed.
Mine seems aggressive on the braking (ie i frequently cancel it if i notice the car ahead of me slowing to turn as it will brake harder and sooner than I would).

A question I have (and have been meaning to post, but since this is close enough it made sense to put it here instead a new thread):
Does anyone know if the brake lights light up when ACC slows down for traffic in front? I haven't been able to ask someone behind me, and the design of the taillights don't give me enough outer glow to tell from the mirrors. I hope it does, as so many drivers just pay attention to brake lights as they are following....

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine seems aggressive on the braking (ie i frequently cancel it if i notice the car ahead of me slowing to turn as it will brake harder and sooner than I would).

A question I have (and have been meaning to post, but since this is close enough it made sense to put it here instead a new thread):
Does anyone know if the brake lights light up when ACC slows down for traffic in front? I haven't been able to ask someone behind me, and the design of the taillights don't give me enough outer glow to tell from the mirrors. I hope it does, as so many drivers just pay attention to brake lights as they are following....
I also would like to know if the brake lights come on when the computer applies the brakes. I have had several rapid deceleration incidents in traffic, but I haven't been run into yet. I'm hoping they do come on.

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
The ACC feature really is great if you drive long distances regularly. It has worked fine for most slow moving interstate traffic in my area as well. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I have but wouldn’t be without it in the future for my uses

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase

yes anytime the brakes are applied the brake lights turn on. Would be dangerous if they didn’t turn on. In reality that seems to annoy others around me as the Jeep does respond aggressively with both acceleration and braking and the lights turn on frequently in traffic. More often that expected making others around you think you are a bad driver.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
yes anytime the brakes are applied the brake lights turn on. Would be dangerous if they didn’t turn on.
I would assume they turn on whenever brakes are applied, but would LOVE visual confirmation from someone. You know what happens when we assume. ;)
The license plate lights blinding the backup camera at night show me that the engineers/designers overlooked a thing or two.
Sponsored