Sponsored

Adaptive cruise control.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
im not sure how I feel about adaptive cruise control. I know it’s standard on the LE, but I just bought a 19 rubicon with acc, and the box in the front window cuts down on visibility, and looks clunky. It is what it is, I guess I’ll get used to it,or I won’t, in that case, I’ll trade it for something without it. Anyone else take issue with it?
Sponsored

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
im not sure how I feel about adaptive cruise control. I know it’s standard on the LE, but I just bought a 19 rubicon with acc, and the box in the front window cuts down on visibility, and looks clunky. It is what it is, I guess I’ll get used to it,or I won’t, in that case, I’ll trade it for something without it. Anyone else take issue with it?
I love my ACC and all my cars and trucks have it which it’s a must have these days. Car technology's changing quicker then most want to accept. If you think about it the ACC is no different from standard cruise control if you wish to put the brake on at any tine it’s canceled. Which that’s the way regular cruise works anyway. Not sure why so many complaints on a simple fix don’t use it or treat it like regular cruise.

Kredit

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 rubicon. 2018 track hawk 2015 f150 King ranch
It’s the feel of control you need to get use to, but once you do it’s great. I agree some of the sensor locations are a bit obtrusive, but it’s such a great feature once you can trust it. I find driving in traffic much less stressful when using acc it reacts way faster than we can.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
yep im a fan of it my wifes 300 has it works great my colorado only has std cruise control so i dont use it its easier to control my speed myself than cancel/resume all the time when i catch up to slower traffic

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
OP doesn’t seem yo have an issue with the ACC feature...Anyone have a pic of the ACC sensors mounted on the windshield? Or the obscured view looking out?

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Love it, we use it on the highway specially!

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
Can’t wait for the next civil war when congress mandates the use of auto drive car technology in the next decade. They will state public safety as the rationale.

OP
OP
Jeepznthingz

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Can’t wait for the next civil war when congress mandates the use of auto drive car technology in the next decade. They will state public safety as the rationale.
I try to stay out of politics, but, yeah, mandated auto pilot is coming. Ugh!

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
I don't use it on all my vehicles ..I can drive faster without it.

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
Plus with on star systems the police can disable stolen vehicles with permission. Soon they won’t need permission to either disable your vehicle or monitor you for auto drive. The technology is already here.
Sponsored