First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
I got some rock lights added. All white. I'm not into the color shows. I wanted to be able to see around me when I get out or in other situations, that I haven't gotten into yet. I added the AuxBeam controller as my switch bank. It's so easy to install and works so simple. And it gives me 8 switches instantly for anything I want to add. If your looking for a way to cleanly add some auxiliary switching, look into this.

I rode in early a few days ago with thick fog and they really lit things up around me to see well plus I was really visible to the two other drivers I passed. I have them separated from the wheel wells and the underneath area.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZLB74K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I believe these are the lights I got.

https://www.amazon.com/LEDKITO-Ligh...mzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

Lights Wheels On.jpeg

Lights All On.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
It actually lights up my whole yard when they are on.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Looks good, did you need any extension wires for the rear lights, or were the wires included long enough? I've read a lot of people had to extend the wires near the tailgate.

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
The lights came with just a few inches on each so I have two pairs of wires going down each side. One connects the wheel lights together, and one connects the under lights together. The wheel lights and under lights are on separate switches. I have 6 more switches avcailbe to add things. The wires don't go inside. They stay under the hood and connect to the relay board. This makes for a very clean and easy install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Panel is installed with some double sided tape just in front of the shifter. There's really not a best place to put anything extra, so you just got to pick a spot and go with it. The relay board is under the hood on the drivers side. There was an open grommet just below that made passing the wire to it easy. It came with a breaker. I put it as close to the battery as possible. It's next to my winch cut off switch, which i will be replacing with a large relay and controlling it with one of the buttons. Once I'm happy with everything, I'll make a nice mount for the relay and breaker. I like the blue glow at night. It adds just enough light to see things but not too much light. The breaker pic is out of focus but you can get the idea. I have supplies ready to pretty up all the wiring once everything is finished. I considered getting the factory butons but price compared to just getting 4 buttons instead of 8 is why I went this way.

Jeep Gladiator Added some rock lights Not lit

Jeep Gladiator Added some rock lights Lit U

Jeep Gladiator Added some rock lights Module

Jeep Gladiator Added some rock lights Switch

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
The lights came with just a few inches on each so I have two pairs of wires going down each side. One connects the wheel lights together, and one connects the under lights together. The wheel lights and under lights are on separate switches. I have 6 more switches avcailbe to add things. The wires don't go inside. They stay under the hood and connect to the relay board. This makes for a very clean and easy install.
Got it, so the lights don't come with any special wiring harness/pigtail, just standard 18ga wire, I'd actually prefer that. I've got a S-Tech switch setup similar to yours with the connectors under the hood near the battery, so it would be a similar setup.

Thanks!

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I'm installing these same lights on my sons car trailer. He has a camera on back but can't see a thing when backing up in the dark. Just two and it's like day back there.

He's considering the same switch panel setup. I'm going to one in front of and behind the wheels so he can turn them on while driving so he can see curbs and ditches and other things while driving forward and backing up.

Jeep Gladiator Added some rock lights bright

Jeep Gladiator Added some rock lights back

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
... I have them separated from the wheel wells and the underneath area.
I have gone wheeling at night many times and I have a set of white rock lights. If you want the best setup possible for use as actual rock lights, get rid of the fenderwell lights (which serve no purpose as actual rock lights). Move them to the front & back. Moving the lights will get rid of these dark areas:
Jeep Gladiator Added some rock lights 1673534335975

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I actually considered placing them at these spots. My main plan for installing these was placing one under each door to light up a wet or muddy ground. The kit had 8 lights so I placed them in the wheel wells just to see how they would be like. I left extra wire on the in case I wanted to move any of them.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I went with the 10W rock lights from Strobes N More and ran as much of the wiring through the frame as possible and switch panel is the Trigger 6 unit. Each light is placed by earth magnet i epoxied onto the backs so I can move them if I desire.

72F73250-31E5-45D9-8824-4ABF0DBEFD23.jpeg

7F8B756E-A729-4689-873D-4CA661AE883C.jpeg

EC34D934-17AD-4FF1-835B-1AF1352A6CFC.jpeg

2AF95B3C-94B0-41D0-9568-24874666D05F.jpeg

E72C47B7-B160-4BE2-ACCD-74DA5841C39B.jpeg

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
How do the rear light affect the view in the backup camera?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
How do the rear light affect the view in the backup camera?
Not sure 🤔. I’ll have to check it out tonight. If I do need more, I hit the switch for the floods I have back there. I’ll grab a pic of all that lit up tonight and post it.
Sponsored