Adding keyless entry, power locks w/alarm system

DarthVanu

First Name
Vanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport. It has manual locks and windows, no keyless entry or alarm.

I found an alarm dealer that can install a keyless entry alarm system but I have to provide the power lock actuators. The nearby Jeep dealership, for some reason, was unable to assist in locating the parts needed or assist in installing them since the Gladiator came from factory without one.

My question is, are these the actuators/parts I need to buy and give to the alarm installers to make my manual locks into power keyless entry locks? I only need it for the front 2 doors. They will program them into the alarm keyfob.

Mopar Parts:

68282955AB (Left side)

68282954AB (Right side)

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DarthVanu

DarthVanu

First Name
Vanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just need to know what parts I need to convert/allow power to the locks to allow the ability to be keyless.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
You are going to need a parts diagram. Along with the actuators, you will need the wiring to power and operate them. Since it came from the factory without them, the wiring harness is not there. One of the online Mopar parts places should have diagrams with part numbers.

OP
OP
DarthVanu

DarthVanu

First Name
Vanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are going to need a parts diagram. Along with the actuators, you will need the wiring to power and operate them. Since it came from the factory without them, the wiring harness is not there. One of the online Mopar parts places should have diagrams with part numbers.
thank you for letting me know this.

For example, the right door Actuator https://store.mopar.com/2020-jeep-g...cal-front_door-lock_actuator_68282954AB-item/
Has the diagram, which is part#5. I also see the wire harness and other parts that are numbered, however, I do not know how to find those exact parts, and, don’t know exactly all that I need (which show several door parts that I obviously wouldn’t need). The mopar website doesn’t exactly help me select those parts off the diagram for further inspection. I need to actually either know the correct name and/or part number in order to use their website store.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Try a Google search for the part number and look through the sites that come up. Some of them have the diagrams and also show the part numbers for the other parts on the diagram. I just closed my browser windows last night, so I don't have any of the site names readily available.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarthVanu

DarthVanu

First Name
Vanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I’ve tried and still no luck. I don’t know why this is hard to find, and many sites selling mopar parts (including the official website) shows the diagram picture with a number next to it, but no part numbers of any of the parts in the diagram nor a list to go through to figure out exactly what I need to put inside my doors to convert the manual locks into power locks. There’s got to be a resource to get this answered as I’m sure I’m not the only one that did/needed this conversion installation.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You may not be the only one trying this, but you are the only one I remember posting on here about it.

Have you checked the Wrangler site (link up top) to see if anyone has posted about it there?