First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S
Occupation
Government
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator without the power inverter and would like to add the factory option to it. Does anyone know if they are prewired from the factory. I understand it's easier to just add an aftermarket, but I want to keep it factory and I am not looking for anything more than the 400 watts. I have a generator for anything big I need to run.
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
It's been a while since I've looked into this but I remember thinking it was not going to be an easy add on. I think a loaded vehicle (maybe the LED package) might have the harness going back and can be added on. A sport will unlikely have it, mine didn't.

OP
OP

Dt.elws

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S
Occupation
Government
It's been a while since I've looked into this but I remember thinking it was not going to be an easy add on. I think a loaded vehicle (maybe the LED package) might have the harness going back and can be added on. A sport will unlikely have it, mine didn't.
Thanks for the info I have been researching this and can't find anything on it. I assumed it would be a difficult install and didn't figure it would be prewired being a Sport S but haven't had the gumption to tear into the panels to see.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Thanks for the info I have been researching this and can't find anything on it. I assumed it would be a difficult install and didn't figure it would be prewired being a Sport S but haven't had the gumption to tear into the panels to see.
Again, going from memory, you can check the rear frame rail on the passenger side where it would lead to the bed. Mine did not have it.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
To my knowledge, the Sport S never had the interior or bed outlet inverter option unless you got the Trail Rail Management System option. Good chance the wiring is not even there to support it. Even the higher trims that had the interior inverter, the bed outlet wiring was not there unless the previously mentioned option was selected.

If you search the forum on this subject, it has been asked numerous times and the basic gist is the juice is not worth the squeeze to try and put a OEM inverter in and most will go aftermarket or not at all.

There is nobody to date I know of who has done this and documented it here. So there is no subject matter expert on getting this done if at all. It is possible to add the bed outlet if the interior inverter option has been factory installed.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Your best option would be to buy the bed outlet, so it looks factory installed, and then wire it to a separate inverter you install.

kkgadd

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Altitude
I feel you on this. I just need to know if the wiring harness for the inverter is under the dash. Hopefully Jeep did it like the trailer brake connection and tied it up under the dash somewhere. So far with a quick search I did not see two empty plugs dangling down
Sponsored