Adding recline to driver's seat?

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Has anyone ever used the Ohio spacers to add recline to the driver's seat? I assume the JL kit will work on my JT.

Screenshot_20190519-155419_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
That kits appears to be for lifting the entire seat assembly, rather than adjust the incline. I've used a stack of washers between the slider and tub on cars in the past to get some tilt added for the seat. May try that again with the JT.

OP
OP
cajun charlie

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
That kits appears to be for lifting the entire seat assembly, rather than adjust the incline. I've used a stack of washers between the slider and tub on cars in the past to get some tilt added for the seat. May try that again with the JT.
Are the studs going to be long enough to torque to spec?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I almost pulled the trigger on that kit for my JL. I will likely try using the front only on the JT when I get it. I hate the flat position of the driver seat.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cajun charlie

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I almost pulled the trigger on that kit for my JL. I will likely try using the front only on the JT when I get it. I hate the flat position of the driver seat.
@WXman I fear we won't be able to "recline" the rear seats in the JT due to the fact that they hinge in both directions.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
@WXman I fear we won't be able to "recline" the rear seats in the JT due to the fact that they hinge in both directions.
I am confused by your comment. Unless I missed something, all of the discussion here is about the FRONTseats, yet you mention reclining the REAR seats. ??????

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I am confused by your comment. Unless I missed something, all of the discussion here is about the FRONTseats, yet you mention reclining the REAR seats. ??????
This is about the front seats, but a lot of people with JKs would recline their back seats as well so it was more comfortable for your passengers. Might not be able to do what with the JT.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Somebody should recline their driver seat with this kit and then post back and let us know if it works.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cajun charlie

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I've got one on order.
@WXman just installed the Ohio seat lift on the driver's side. Installed per the mfg instructions. There is some increased recline, approximately 1/2 inch. Take care to notice there is a locating pin on the console side front rail. You need to turn the block short side toward the console or it will give you a fit. I'll keep it until a better design comes out that will give me another 1/2 inch or so.

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@WXman just installed the Ohio seat lift on the driver's side. Installed per the mfg instructions. There is some increased recline, approximately 1/2 inch. Take care to notice there is a locating pin on the console side front rail. You need to turn the block short side toward the console or it will give you a fit. I'll keep it until a better design comes out that will give me another 1/2 inch or so.
Does it look like you could use the front only? I don't need lift, just more recline.

OP
OP
cajun charlie

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Does it look like you could use the front only? I don't need lift, just more recline.
I tried that. The angle of the front right block prevents this. I got the two fronts bolted down, but then could not line up the rear of the rails to accept the factory studs. This was the option I was hoping to employ here to no avail. Eventually I think someone will come up with a better solution. I may give @megamucho's solution a try. Just a max amount of washers what will allow all the studs to line up and be torqued to spec.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you for that info. That's what I was afraid of. I believe I'm going to attempt to use steel spacers from Lowe's. They sell those in 1/2" lengths and I feel like I could probably use those in only the front and still be able to get the rear studs to line up. Even 1/2" will feel much better on the backs of the legs.

OP
OP
cajun charlie

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Thank you for that info. That's what I was afraid of. I believe I'm going to attempt to use steel spacers from Lowe's. They sell those in 1/2" lengths and I feel like I could probably use those in only the front and still be able to get the rear studs to line up. Even 1/2" will feel much better on the backs of the legs.
@WXman Let me know how that works out for ya.
Sponsored