Adding wireless speaker

SCRubicon23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU 2019 JLUR 2020 Gladiator
Has anyone been able to add the wireless speaker? I have the sub in the middle and just storage where the wireless cradle would go. I realize there are plenty of other wireless speakers I can buy. Just would like to have the factory one. Thanks.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I'd like to add it, but when I added up the cost, it was like $700 for the speaker and cradle assembly through a dealer (only place I can find the parts), which his sort of prohibitively expensive to me, for a bluetooth speaker... But, if I could get the parts cheaper, I would do it. HOWEVER (there's always that caveat, right?) I have been told that there is no wiring harness plug already back there to plug in the charging cradle for the speaker...Which is sort of a bummer. I can't verify whether it is, or is not back there, as I have not pulled mine apart to see, but someone on the forum reported that it was not back there. Maybe someone can clarify that. If the harness plug is not back there, it might be a pain in the ass to wire up.

OP
OP
SCRubicon23

SCRubicon23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. I'd like to add it, but when I added up the cost, it was like $700 for the speaker and cradle assembly through a dealer (only place I can find the parts), which his sort of prohibitively expensive to me, for a bluetooth speaker... But, if I could get the parts cheaper, I would do it. HOWEVER (there's always that caveat, right?) I have been told that there is no wiring harness plug already back there to plug in the charging cradle for the speaker...Which is sort of a bummer. I can't verify whether it is, or is not back there, as I have not pulled mine apart to see, but someone on the forum reported that it was not back there. Maybe someone can clarify that. If the harness plug is not back there, it might be a pain in the ass to wire up.
Was hoping all had the plug behind the trim piece.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I kind of wanted the speaker as well. Then I got a JBL Charge 4 and decided ya know what, this thing will fit nicely in that pocket and charges by a standard USB plug able cable and hold enough charge for 13 hours of playback. All while costing about $130. So, with the extra money saved I sure can upgrade several other areas. So I am content with just running a long usb cable under the carpet if I wanted or just plugging it I while I use it. Though if it comes factory installed it sure is worth the extra few bucks for the convenience of an always charged wireless speaker. I just couldn’t find one with the speaker and the aux switches which I would rather have the aux switches.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I kind of wanted the speaker as well. Then I got a JBL Charge 4 and decided ya know what, this thing will fit nicely in that pocket and charges by a standard USB plug able cable and hold enough charge for 13 hours of playback. All while costing about $130. So, with the extra money saved I sure can upgrade several other areas. So I am content with just running a long usb cable under the carpet if I wanted or just plugging it I while I use it. Though if it comes factory installed it sure is worth the extra few bucks for the convenience of an always charged wireless speaker. I just couldn’t find one with the speaker and the aux switches which I would rather have the aux switches.
You fit the Charge 4 in the speaker pocket? I have the Charge 4 and it seems way deeper than the pocket. I keep it under the seats and charge via USB on the back of the console. But with 20 hour of run time, it does not need it that often.

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
The dealer had the speaker in the driver seat back pocket. Checked my window sticker to make sure I wasn’t charged for it and didn’t say anything! No cradle, but it charges by the same cord as every other Bluetooth speaker I have.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
You fit the Charge 4 in the speaker pocket? I have the Charge 4 and it seems way deeper than the pocket. I keep it under the seats and charge via USB on the back of the console. But with 20 hour of run time, it does not need it that often.
fits there fine. Not plugged up of course and not perfect but close enough to not rattle about and the charging cord I just put under it.

C46F8D8A-4E53-4E86-9C0E-408EA8397597.jpeg

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
not gainfully employed. Too old, been there done that.
Another vote for the JBL Charge 4.

I'm supposed to pick up my Gladiator tomorrow noon. I got the least-optioned Mojave I could find, spending the dough on axles, tires, suspension rather than options that are "less close to the ground". So I've got no factory portable bluetooth speaker. But I do have two of the above-mentioned Charge 4 units. Love em! Linked em for separated stereo, connected to iPod and Android phone. I think your price seems about righ.

I too had factory aux switches on my must-have list. Totally surprised to find switches without a zillion other options.

OP
OP
SCRubicon23

SCRubicon23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the feedback. Just ordered two of the JBL Charge 4 speakers.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the feedback. Just ordered two of the JBL Charge 4 speakers.
I think you will be very happy with them. They really have a great bass punch and get plenty loud. The small size does not equate to the huge sound they throw off.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer had the speaker in the driver seat back pocket. Checked my window sticker to make sure I wasn’t charged for it and didn’t say anything! No cradle, but it charges by the same cord as every other Bluetooth speaker I have.
My dealer stole my tool kit out of my Jeep before I bought it, and created a 2 month long migraine getting paperwork and temporary tags situated. I found out about the tool kit about a month ago when it was nice and was going to pull the top, but had no tool kit... Just another giant middle finger to me, courtesy of them. I could have never lucked-up and gotten that lucky for them to do something stupid that benefited me... The only stupid things they did, COST me more money and time and headaches.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Another vote for the JBL Charge 4.

I'm supposed to pick up my Gladiator tomorrow noon. I got the least-optioned Mojave I could find, spending the dough on axles, tires, suspension rather than options that are "less close to the ground". So I've got no factory portable bluetooth speaker. But I do have two of the above-mentioned Charge 4 units. Love em! Linked em for separated stereo, connected to iPod and Android phone. I think your price seems about righ.

I too had factory aux switches on my must-have list. Totally surprised to find switches without a zillion other options.
Doh. Maybe I should take mine out of the case I normally keep it in to make it fit. I also thought about strapping it to the roll bar with velcro straps or a Quick-fist clamp.
Sponsored