Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
One unexpected cost that showed up in my Rubicon order sheet was "AJ1 Safety Group" when I ordered the ALP Advanced Safety Group. The sales guy said it was a group of safety equipment that was needed to allow the Advanced Safety Group to function. Does anyone know what the Safety Group is?

In three days they will order my Rubicon. Said it usually takes three months, but as long as six.

In three days I'll report my order here.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
AJ1 - Safety Group:
Blind spot and cross path detection
LED tail lamps
Parksense rear park assist system

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I believe you are required to get the AJ1 Safety Group if you want the ALP Advanced Safety Group.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I believe you are required to get the AJ1 Safety Group if you want the ALP Advanced Safety Group.
Yep. Amazing option groups if you're the kind of person that will use them. So nice I'm kinda surprised they're even offered on the platform.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Yes, you have to order AJ1 to get ALP. Would be nice if Jeep included AJ1 on all vehicles for safety reasons. However, I do get lots of people do not want AJ1, so those that do are required to pay a little extra.

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
From jeep.com build and price:

Jeep Gladiator Advanced safety group versus safety group 1644680624051

Jeep Gladiator Advanced safety group versus safety group 1644680664381

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I ran into the same issue when I ordered my Mojave. I only wanted the Safety Group with the blind spot, cross path, & backup assist.
When they brought me the special order sheet to look over, it had the code for the Advanced Safety w/adaptive cruise control which I definitely did not want.

Turns out I was better educated on what each option package included than the salesman & the guy that enters the codes for the options on the order form & sends in the order to Jeep.
Moral of the story, do your homework well before going in to place an order. Then make sure you carefully go over & double check each of the options on the special order sheet before you sign it to lock in the order & them give your check for the deposit.

After it's ordered, you can not make changes before it's built.

It would be nice if the Jeep web site to build & price your Gladiator would show the option code along with the description of the option to aid in double checking the order sheet.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
When they brought me the special order sheet to look over, it had the code for the Advanced Safety w/adaptive cruise control which I definitely did not want.
I follow what you're saying, but just so this kind of info is out there - ACC doesn't replace the standard cruise control. Both systems are present and functional. So if you don't want it all then yeah don't pay for it, but it's not an either/or kinda situation. I didn't know/realize this for a while but am thankful it's pretty easy to choose which you're using:

Jeep Gladiator Advanced safety group versus safety group 1644681439584

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I follow what you're saying, but just so this kind of info is out there - ACC doesn't replace the standard cruise control. Both systems are present and functional. So if you don't want it all then yeah don't pay for it, but it's not an either/or kinda situation. I didn't know/realize this for a while but am thankful it's pretty easy to choose which you're using:

Thanks everyone. My Tacoma TRD Pro had that standard. At first I didn't care for it, but it does tell me when someone is in the blind spot to my right rear, and my wife loves it so...

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the first order sheet they brought me was showing both the AJ1 & ALP codes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the first order sheet they brought me was showing both the AJ1 & ALP codes.
So you can get one without the other? My dealership says no.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
They are tiered. You can get just BSM, but to get ACC you have to also get BSM.

Edit: Diggin' the website, Steve. Looks like you'll have some excuses to use the JT for 'work', lol. I'm a dirt & rocks kinda person myself, so just curious ... does it also drive you nuts to see impossible/nonsensical topographic contours as stickers on off-road vehicles these days?

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
At least when I ordered mine in Feb. '21 you could.
Don't know if that is still the case as I have heard that with the current chip shortages they have changed availabiliy & what items are included in the different option packages.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
At least when I ordered mine in Feb. '21 you could.
Don't know if that is still the case as I have heard that with the current chip shortages they have changed availabiliy & what items are included in the different option packages.
My salesman, who is a straight up guy, showed me the directive from Jeep, so that's it. It did raise the price over $1000.00

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
A slight rant here... why the heck did Jeep decide that they should only use the rear bumper sensors for ParkAssist??? They have perfectly functioning sensors in the front bumper used for ACC and Advanced Braking, but when parking those sensors are not used at all...
Sponsored