Sponsored

Advice on Daystar Spacer Level Kit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28614
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 28614

Vehicle is an Overland. I know there is a lot of discussion on lift/leveling kits. I am looking for a kit that will cosmetically remove the rake, not cause a wheel alignment if possible, and doesn’t change handling/ride. I am running 33’s and probably won’t go over 35’s, if that. I have been looking at the Daystar 1 1/2” spacer kit for $89. Is this the right direction, or should I be looking for 2-2 1/2” kits? BTW, the most off-roading it will be do is a fire trail or cow path. Thanks for any help with this!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Daystar kits are fantastic and will maintain factory ride quality and load carrying/towing capacity. I almost always use them vs. coil kits where you never know the quality on the coils or any specs on their performance.

You can run 33s right now, so any Daystar kit you want will be fine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
ANYTHING you adjust or modify suspension-wise will require a front end alignment.

That said, the Skyjacker G250MSB is a great spacer kit.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
ANYTHING you adjust or modify suspension-wise will require a front end alignment.

That said, the Skyjacker G250MSB is a great spacer kit.
The only thing needed after adding a budget boost is to recenter the steering. Paying $80 for an alignment is a waste of money.

Be aware that The sway bar links with the Daystar 2” kit Will not stay tightened, and the poly bushings will squeak if not regularly greased.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing needed after adding a budget boost is to recenter the steering. Paying $80 for an alignment is a waste of money.

Be aware that The sway bar links with the Daystar 2” kit Will not stay tightened, and the poly bushings will squeak if not regularly greased.
$80 for an alignment? My local shop only charges $59 for a 4-wheel alignment...

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
$15 would be asking too much for an alignment on a Jeep because the only thing you can change is the toe which can be done in the driveway at home. And, a spacer lift will not affect the toe enough to matter.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
The Daystar kits are fantastic and will maintain factory ride quality and load carrying/towing capacity. I almost always use them vs. coil kits where you never know the quality on the coils or any specs on their performance.

You can run 33s right now, so any Daystar kit you want will be fine.
Any explanation, email or literature backing up that statement regarding carrying/towing capacity? Are these lifts just spacers over the coils or what?

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I will have my daystar 1.5 spacers for sale cheap soon, just waiting on Metalcloak to ship my lift.....
Sponsored