Food2000

First Name
vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hello Everyone,

I've been reading, watching reviews as much as i can and i wanted to share my build below and see if you guys have any advice or suggestions. I took my gladiator off roading the other day and am hooked! I had such a blast and i mostly want to do trails along with an occasional obstacle however i currently don't see anything past weekend warrior type of ventures (would like to explore overlanding).

From my stock set up, i had a great experience and would just like a little more. I originally was going to pick up rubi take offs but the guys i drove with suggested to pick a build and go for it rather than inch forward... the advice resonated with me so currently:

Gladiator sport (manual)
- steelies with 285/70/17
- i believe 3.73 gear ratio.

Adding:

$1,150 - Mopar 2'' lift
$1,080 - 35'' BF goodrich AT K02 315/70/17
$500 - pro comp 7069 alloy rims

- Alignment after.

I'm not familiar at all with lift kits so it's difficult to understand the difference in price vs performance... i think $1,100 mopar kit is a good entry investment and if i do get sucked in... then move forward from there?

all suggestions welcomed.

Video of a section i drove on (valley of the moon - San diego):
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Given the info you provided, there's no reason for you to spend more $ on a better/taller suspension lift.

Does that price for the Mopar lift include installation?

OP
OP
Food2000

Food2000

First Name
vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hi Whatexit,

Thanks for the validation and i'll be installing the above myself (my friend owns an evans tires so he's giving me wholesale prices and free mount/balance/ alignment hook ups).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a good setup.

Only reason I didn’t go with the 2” Mopar lift, is because I bought a Rubi... Why pay for the suspension twice, that’s only 2” taller? So, I went with the Skyjacker G250MSB lift 2.5” front, 1.0” rear. Keeps my stock Rubi springs, and my Fox shocks. And it’s only $350.

But... I can see for the non-Rubi owners, where the 2” Mopar lift is a huge upgrade and worth the money, because then you get the Rubi springs and Fox shocks + 2” of lift, so you actually get about 3.5” lift, because a stock Rubi sits about 1.5” higher than other models. :like:

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link

Only reason I didn’t go with the 2” Mopar lift, is because I bought a Rubi... Why pay for the suspension twice, that’s only 2” taller? So, I went with the Skyjacker G250MSB lift 2.5” front, 1.0” rear. Keeps my stock Rubi springs, and my Fox shocks. And it’s only $350.

But... I can see for the non-Rubi owners, where the 2” Mopar lift is a huge upgrade and worth the money, because then you get the Rubi springs and Fox shocks + 2” of lift, so you actually get about 3.5” lift, because a stock Rubi sits about 1.5” higher than other models. :like:
So perhaps you can help me out with this... I'm seeing alot of Rubi take-off suspension for sale. If I used one of these kits and swapped it with the stock suspension on my Sport, I would realize a 1.5" lift? Could I combine this with a level kit to get a bit higher?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So perhaps you can help me out with this... I'm seeing alot of Rubi take-off suspension for sale. If I used one of these kits and swapped it with the stock suspension on my Sport, I would realize a 1.5" lift? Could I combine this with a level kit to get a bit higher?
I'm new to Jeeps, but from everything I've read, that appears to be correct.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase

The Mopar 2” lift is taller coils and new shocks so you are not using the stock rubicon or sport suspension components and it is different from the stock rubicon suspension. It is actually coils that are 2” taller than stock rubicon. The stock rubicon doesn’t sit higher, it has higher fenders allowing for larger tires. The reason it’s stance is a little higher is the stock 33” tires not a taller suspension. There is a significant difference in articulation when you add taller springs and longer shocks (which is what the mopar lift does) over using coil spacers and shock extensions (like most budget boosts use). But if all your driving is on road and no rock crawling you are good with spacers.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar 2” lift is taller coils and new shocks so you are not using the stock rubicon or sport suspension components and it is different from the stock rubicon suspension. It is actually coils that are 2” taller than stock rubicon. The stock rubicon doesn’t sit higher, it has higher fenders allowing for larger tires. The reason it’s stance is a little higher is the stock 33” tires not a taller suspension. There is a significant difference in articulation when you add taller springs and longer shocks (which is what the mopar lift does) over using coil spacers and shock extensions (like most budget boosts use). But if all your driving is on road and no rock crawling you are good with spacers.
Good info. I thought the springs were 1.5" taller. I guess the fenders are 1.5" taller. Makes sense. I guess I got bad intel. Thanks for the correction. :like:

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Good info. I thought the springs were 1.5" taller. I guess the fenders are 1.5" taller. Makes sense. I guess I got bad intel. Thanks for the correction. :like:
Absolutely. Just didn’t want someone buying it thinking they would get 3.5” of lift. Or avoiding it because they thought they were getting the same springs and shocks as the rubicon.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely. Just didn’t want someone buying it thinking they would get 3.5” of lift. Or avoiding it because they thought they were getting the same springs and shocks as the rubicon.
I like to give out accurate info as well. So, its appreciated. Just brand new to Jeeps...So, still learning the ropes with these things. Totally different than all the other vehicles I've owned and built.

Sponsored

Lenny351

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Electrician
For what it is worth I installed Rubicon Springs on my overland and it gave me exactly 1.25 inches of increased height. I then added 1 inch front spacer to level it out but for me the Rubicon springs definitely raised the truck .

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
For what it is worth I installed Rubicon Springs on my overland and it gave me exactly 1.25 inches of increased height. I then added 1 inch front spacer to level it out but for me the Rubicon springs definitely raised the truck .
Besides the springs and 1” spacer, any other suspension parts change?
Can you share some pictures.
Thanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, stock factory Rubicon springs ARE actually 1.25-1.5" taller than the other model JT's? That's what I thought...But was told I was wrong. Good info to know.