First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The 35 inch tires look great, in my opinion way better than the 37s. They look way too stuffed and too big and balloony on the rims. Plus the negative effect on fuel mileage and gearing just for what some think look good. If you are an off roader the 35s will go anywhere the 37s will go. Stick with the 35 inch you will be happy.
I love my 35s, but the are definitely balloons on 17s. Kinda wish I went with 10 inch wide rims instead of 9 inch wide to cut down on the overinflated look. I can only imagine what guys running 37s on 7.5s look like.

Then again, I'm probably just being nitpicky because it's mine. Probably saw 37s and 7.5s before and loved them.
Sponsored

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
I love my 35s, but the are definitely balloons on 17s. Kinda wish I went with 10 inch wide rims instead of 9 inch wide to cut down on the overinflated look. I can only imagine what guys running 37s on 7.5s look like.

Then again, I'm probably just being nitpicky because it's mine. Probably saw 37s and 7.5s before and loved them.
I actually like the look of the ballon/stretch (not a ridiculous amount). That’s kind of the fun thing with jeeps is how everyone builds them up their own way.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
AEV Mojave 2" spacer kit and geo brackets installed today. I let a local shop install them. My front end was very heavy from the mopar metal bumper and warn winch, so this got the front up again, the rear is obviously higher.

Drove great driving home, will do measurement tmrw to follow up from my baseline. When my stock tires wear down I'll be fitting 35"s.

i-wqnbrnv-L.jpg

i-rkm79zM-L.jpg

i-RRJhfQz-L.jpg

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
It seems as though quite a few of these spacer lifts are not taking into consideration the rake of the Gladiator...Once you add a new bumper and winch Im guessing the rake is even worse...How are you guys that don't tow dealing with that? Is there a lift that does deal with the rake (multiple spacers that allow you to tailor the height a bit more?

Sponsored

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
It seems as though quite a few of these spacer lifts are not taking into consideration the rake of the Gladiator...Once you add a new bumper and winch Im guessing the rake is even worse...How are you guys that don't tow dealing with that? Is there a lift that does deal with the rake (multiple spacers that allow you to tailor the height a bit more?
half these folks have a bumper and winch. And with a couple of options, the aftermarket bumpers are nearly same weight as OEM plastic.

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
The 35 inch tires look great, in my opinion way better than the 37s. They look way too stuffed and too big and balloony on the rims. Plus the negative effect on fuel mileage and gearing just for what some think look good. If you are an off roader the 35s will go anywhere the 37s will go. Stick with the 35 inch you will be happy.
Not trying to be contrary but I felt the 35's left way to much fender well opening. I have 37" BFG all terrains and think they look fantastic. Hardly any difference in fuel economy and driveability. Definitely to each their own. I just think the 37's look significantly better than 35's with the 2" spacer. Without the spacer 35's look just right. But that is just me.

Hank

2na

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Occupation
Avocados
just got mine installed and I love it rides so good. i also did the rancho Geo brackets drives super straight no wobble at all. so happy with it!
Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator i-RRJhfQz-L

Love the side rails...can you please share mfg?

Mojohnny

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JT Mojave, ‘21 JL Willys
Occupation
Sales
37” BFG ko2’s. Added Teraflex Sport Fixed Length Lower Front control arms to correct caster. Actually over corrected and my caster is around 7.5. Drives so much better at highway speeds. No more wandering, but I may have to go with adjustables to dial back the caster. Not sure what effects a high caster will have on the driveshaft, but I’m sure it can’t be a good thing.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator B412D564-837E-41BA-A957-C777C2A14B22

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator B412D564-837E-41BA-A957-C777C2A14B22

Which bumper is this if you don’t mind sharing?

Sponsored

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education

I agree. I am happy with 35 and 2" AEV Lift
Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator IMG_2828.JPG

CGilly6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Are y'all installing these lifts yourself or taking it to a shop to do it? I like to think I'm pretty handy and the instructions don't seem too difficult. But watching some videos on youtube everyone says to have a helping hand to get the springs back in place.
I'm moving in a couple of weeks and plan on getting it done once I move. So I wont have a buddy to help right away.

If you did it yourself did you have help? Anything I should know that you ran into that would've made it easier?

If you took it to a shop, what should I expect to pay?

Thanks!

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Are y'all installing these lifts yourself or taking it to a shop to do it? I like to think I'm pretty handy and the instructions don't seem too difficult. But watching some videos on youtube everyone says to have a helping hand to get the springs back in place.
I'm moving in a couple of weeks and plan on getting it done once I move. So I wont have a buddy to help right away.

If you did it yourself did you have help? Anything I should know that you ran into that would've made it easier?

If you took it to a shop, what should I expect to pay? Thanks!
The install is about as easy as you'll ever get.

A good 1/2" or 3/4" drive impact gun will help, as well as a good torque wrench, some tall jack stands and a good floor jack. You may need a breaker bar with extension too.

A buddy and I did mine in about 4-5 hours including taking a breakfast & lunch break.

CGilly6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
The install is about as easy as you'll ever get.

A good 1/2" or 3/4" drive impact gun will help, as well as a good torque wrench, some tall jack stands and a good floor jack. You may need a breaker bar with extension too.

A buddy and I did mine in about 4-5 hours including taking a breakfast & lunch break.
Thanks for the input! I'll most likely be doing this myself but will have a lot of free weekends so if it takes all day and a good lunch break I'm fine with that.

I'd rather buy the tools and have them then pay someone else to do it. I just don't want to get started and be in over my head!

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
I installed the lift myself. Although it took me 10 hours doing it by myself and I felt like I was hit by a truck the next day:). Getting old sucks and being contorted on a concrete floor all day certainly doesn't help things!

The instructions are pretty decent and assumes some mechanical knowledge. One thing I found helpful was to have a spring compressor (I used one made for strut springs that attach on the outside of the springs) to make it easier to get the springs back in with the added 2" spacer. I had the axle(s) almost to the floor and I still was not able to get the new longer assembly in there. Was worried about putting too much pressure on the brake lines even after unhooking the brackets, etc. The spring compressor made it sooo much easier and I stopped having to fight it.

I also did the geo correction brackets while I was doing the front. Made it easier to do it all at once.

You'll get a bunch of error messages from your stability control system if you drive it before you recenter the steering wheel (ask me how I know...). Recentering the wheel makes them go away.

Have fun! As much as a bitch and whine while I am actually wrenching; it does bring a great sense of accomplishment when I am done.
Sponsored