Sponsored

AEV Snorkel Install: Step-By-Step Guide (Don't Make My Mistakes)

Berserker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I installed the AEV snorkel on my JT and documented the process because I didn't see a how-to video already done. I installed it primarily for the pre-filter, to "pre-clean" dusty air before it reaches the air filter on trail days. The snorkel and components are stout, but I should have done a better job on the hood cutout. (Yes, I occasionally do deep water crossings but even with this snorkel I don't intend to exceed Jeep's maximum fording depth.)

In the video, I take you through my install and call out what I did differently from AEV's instructions. If you're planning to install the snorkel keep this in mind- when you cut out the hood bezel template cut it out on the inside of the black line, so when you trim your hood you'll have more material to start with. A bezel fits over the opening and if you trim too much away you can't use all the rivets to attach it.

Sponsored

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
Thanks for this! Excellently done video with really great details (and humor :)). This is going to help a bunch when I start cutting on my hood this week for my AEV snorkel.