Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Finally!!!! Who is going to be the guinea pig?
I have it and it makes a difference. I have the whole AFE package; the intake, throttle body spacer and the short dump exhaust. I just got my Mojave to a point where it is almost finished with the build, and will be writing it up soon. I did notice a difference, not earth shattering but before the lift and tires using a race timer I was able to do 3 runs 0-60; 7.1, 7.3 and 7.2 seconds. Then added the intake throttle body spacer and exhaust, (almost exclusively for sound), lift wheels and tires, I have not made a 0-60 run with this setup yet. I also added the EVC throttle module which seems to help with feel. Compared to the ProCal, I believe that I have a better feel, the ProCal on 93 adds more after 35mph.

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
I really was planning to wait to the GDE tune due out this summer
I have it and it makes a difference. I have the whole AFE package; the intake, throttle body spacer and the short dump exhaust. I just got my Mojave to a point where it is almost finished with the build, and will be writing it up soon. I did notice a difference, not earth shattering but before the lift and tires using a race timer I was able to do 3 runs 0-60; 7.1, 7.3 and 7.2 seconds. Then added the intake throttle body spacer and exhaust, (almost exclusively for sound), lift wheels and tires, I have not made a 0-60 run with this setup yet. I also added the EVC throttle module which seems to help with feel. Compared to the ProCal, I believe that I have a better feel, the ProCal on 93 adds more after 35mph.
I have the intake and exhaust on my fathers 2020 JTR as well. But this one is for the diesel, that’s what I’m looking for info on as that’s the power train I have in my JT.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
I took a quick peek over on the JL Diesel forums and it appears there's a couple owners that have them ... however none of them have reported on the results.

The numbers claimed of +33 Hp and +77 lbs. x ft. of Torque in race mode at 2,275 RPM are highly impressive for a tuner/device that's only $389.

I really was planning to wait to the GDE tune due out this summer
I'm in the same boat here, everything I hear about GDE is top notch and highly tested. The biggest difference I see is that the AFE Scorcher is allegedly undetectable by the dealer from a ECU perspective ... but if something goes sideways is AFE going to stand behind their product?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
I think I may dive in and get one. I’ve had good luck with AFE’s products on several vehicles in the past. Since my rubi is still stock it will be a good platform to gauge results. If I pull the trigger I’ll do a write up on here for you all.

Last edited:

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
I think I may dive in and get one. I have good luck with AFE’s products on several vehicles in the past. Since my rubi is still stock it will be a good platform to gauge results. If I pull the trigger I’ll do a write up on here for you all.
I'm curious what people are doing to test these...
  • before / after dyno pulls
  • before / after 0-60
  • butt dyno
  • towing test
I would definitely be interested in hearing the results if you pulled the trigger Deola!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I havent done any dyno testing or anything but I threw one on my JTMT after buying it from another forum member. I can say the jeep felt more peppy. I had it on with the OEM intake and exhaust. It was combined with an AFE spring booster. I liked it but I noticed I had some random misfires...not sure if they're related to this or not. I ended up taking them both off after a while. The sprint booster just wasn't my cup of tea, and the scorcher stayed off because I was having the miss fires looked at by the dealer.

Recently I installed an AFE intake and wanted to put the scorcher back on, just haven't. I ran into a random issue where the truck just didn't want to stay in 8th after the intake. My dealer did an update on my TCM and now I stay in 8th more and am getting better MPG. Im just hesitant to change something else and end up back where I never see 8th for no reason.

All in all it works, just may not be for everyone.

Worth the money? Id say its a solid maybe...I wouldn't have paid full price personally. But I only use my JT for daily driving and towing.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
I havent done any dyno testing or anything but I threw one on my JTMT
Gren71 is your JT a diesel? Being a very new engine we are looking at how it will work with the 3.0L diesel. If you're experiencing misfires using it then I would put that thing right back on the marketplace and stay far away until they figure out what's going on.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Gren71 is your JT a diesel? Being a very new engine we are looking at how it will work with the 3.0L diesel. If you're experiencing misfires using it then I would put that thing right back on the marketplace and stay far away until they figure out what's going on.
nope, I have the 3.6

Didnt realize this was in the diesel section :headbang:

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
@Deola Any updates? I called GDE to get a status update on their emissions compliant tune and currently they are estimating fall of 2021. Last I checked a few months back it was spring. Anxious to hear your results. Thanks!

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
@Deola Any updates? I called GDE to get a status update on their emissions compliant tune and currently they are estimating fall of 2021. Last I checked a few months back it was spring. Anxious to hear your results. Thanks!
Mine has been ordered along with a few other goodies from AFE. It should ship soon(was on back order). I will get it on ASAP once it arrives.
Sponsored