Bradt530

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody installed an after market bolt together exhaust system on their Gladiator? If so which one and why?.
Are the bolt ons as leak proof and solid as one welded and installed at a muffler shop?

I am wanting a dual exhaust that goes out the back and has a deep thorough bass sound. Nothing to loud that I have to turn up the stereo half way to hear anything. Whatever benefits I are a plus. Since I get 16.5 average MPG (I have a Heavy foot ) I just want the sound.
Sponsored

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody installed an after market bolt together exhaust system on their Gladiator? If so which one and why?.
Are the bolt ons as leak proof and solid as one welded and installed at a muffler shop?

I am wanting a dual exhaust that goes out the back and has a deep thorough bass sound. Nothing to loud that I have to turn up the stereo half way to hear anything. Whatever benefits I are a plus. Since I get 16.5 average MPG (I have a Heavy foot ) I just want the sound.
Sadly, you won't be getting a "deep tone" with a 6 cylinder ….it's just not the nature of the beast. There are however, options that will make it sound better !
Following

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion not worth it. I did do one on my JKU, but only because I ripped the stock one off on a trail and decided to get a cheap thrush muffler put on it. It mostly will sound like a fart box when driving and it will sound ok at idle. No gains by doing it whatsoever.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Yeah it’s pretty amazing that the designers didn’t leave anything on the table that the aftermarket could capitalize on power wise. You can improve the sound but that’s highly subjective and lose probably 40 lbs by getting rid of multiple mufflers and resonators, but that’s about it.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
With a V6 you are not going to make V8 sound. The same story with the Ford V10 I had a friend install a real expensive exhaust on his F250 and it sounded like a Toyota from fast and furious.

Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Gains wise you'd only likely gain a little and only if you did full header back exhaust with high-flow or no cat, plus intake and tune. Otherwise you're doing it for the sound, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Ive been listening to sound clips with the same idea in mind, and like some of the Borla and Corsa options sound good to me so far.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
With a V6 you are not going to make V8 sound. The same story with the Ford V10 I had a friend install a real expensive exhaust on his F250 and it sounded like a Toyota from fast and furious.
I think it has more to do with bore than anything else. The larger the bore the deeper the sound. My 258 in my CJ sounds throaty with stock manifold and a straight thru type muffler. A hell of a lot better than the 3.6 in my JT. Small cylinders regardeless of number sound like crap unless we’re talking formula 1 cars twisted to 10k plus.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have a couple of V8s with nice loud exhaust installed. It is great for those cars. but, for the JT Gladiator, I am not interested.... ie. yesterday, we were 4wheeling and sneaked up and see a nice 3 by 3 buck with his does. We had to be really quite and roll slowly... So, personally, I like stealth in nature, so, I do not miss anything. Here are a few pics I took. You will not be able to see this with loud exhaust.

OAYJG0.jpg

xy200A.jpg

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
I've been investigating some of the aftermarket exhausts, mostly for the weight savings. There are some pretty comprehensive threads already on the forum and some have sound clips. Several designs have the dual pipes, although that design doesn't make sense to me on this vehicle.

Sponsored

Wicked1

First Name
Quest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport S, 2020 Jeep renegade trailhawk

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I would like to replace the stock exhaust to eliminate the vulnerable resonator muffler hanging out the back. I don't necessarily want it louder. That is my dilemma. Tough problem for a guy to have these days.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We get this sort of question constantly on the forum I operate - people always believe bigger pipes, this or that will improve power.

The whole engine, intake air entrance to exhaust tip - is a system.
Unless the exhaust is actually restrictive to a fault, changing it won't do anything because unless you can pump more in, being able to pump more out doesn't help.
Too large also negates scavenging effect. You can have TOO BIG an exhaust pipe.

Racers have proven also that because the exhaust cools as it moves back, the rear pipes can actually be smaller than the front pipes. This is all track and dyno proven.

Because Jeep needed to pull out all the HP they could within reason and budget due to the towing numbers, they didn't exactly leave much to be improved without some major mods.

Sound and weight, yeah, but these will never really sound mellow. It's the age old thing like others here point out - it's a V6, not a 6.2 V8.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The type/style of muffler DOES make a difference in sound. But when it comes to making more power, don't expect anything more than about 5 hp/tq. Even then, itll be up top in rpms. I've always found that magnaflow straight thru mufflers will give a nice deep tone, regardless of engine type. Just gotta know the right size to get. I've heard v8 sound like rice burner, and vice-versa. Its all in packaging and orientating the system correctly to get desired results. Sometimes, just removing 1 of the mufflers can be enough, like the vw jetta with vr6, just removing the big ass muffler at the rear and putting a straight pipe made it throaty and sound fabulous, not obnoxious. But, in the end, ur ears are different than his, hers, and mine. So take these comments with a grain of salt.
Sponsored