Sponsored

After owning my first Jeep, I’ve decided I hate Ohio.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I’ve been so excited to get these doors and top off. Unfortunately, Ohio weather keeps kicking me in the nuts.

I envy those of you who live in the warmer and dryer climates. That’s all I had to say.
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Be patient. Was 70+ here yesterday, which is unusual for PA this time of year. I was tempted to take off the top and doors, but we returned to normal today. Just got some mirrors from Quadratech so I am ready to roll when we get a good strech of weather

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I’ve been so excited to get these doors and top off. Unfortunately, Ohio weather keeps kicking me in the nuts.

I envy those of you who live in the warmer and dryer climates. That’s all I had to say.
I'm in Ohio also. What I did to stretch out my topless days was I bought a Milwaukee heated jacket. It work very well. I also bought a good emergency rain cover for the unexpected summer storms that we get. I also use the cover to keep the sun from beating down on my truck when the top is off. It only takes about a minute top put on.

I have enjoyed my Jeep topless and doorless in temps down to 15 deg. As long as the wind isn't blowing to bad it is a nice ride. Sometimes my glasses get so cold that it starts to burn my nose. I just deal with it.

Englane

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S, ‘06 LJ, ‘67 Mustang, Indian Chief, Triumph Thruxton, Triumph TR6
Vehicle Showcase
The worst part is the random 60 degree days we get between the days on end of 30’s. What a tease.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Try waiting till July or later for the upper mountain trails to open up in Colorado. I’ve been thinking of doing a soft top for summer months... quick to go open air by just opening up the back and taking the doors off.

DaytonOhioGladiator

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
It’s rough. Right there with you!

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Be patient. Was 70+ here yesterday, which is unusual for PA this time of year. I was tempted to take off the top and doors, but we returned to normal today. Just got some mirrors from Quadratech so I am ready to roll when we get a good strech of weather
It was warm here yesterday also. Not before it dumped a crap ton of water the last few days.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Blowhio sucks anyway... :like:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
So glad I left Ohio a few years before I got my first jeep, lol. Enjoying the 80 degree days down here and all of the random 60-70 days we had during the "winter here".

In ohio you just need to be ready to put the top back on sometimes in the same day. 70 degrees in the spring can somehow turn to hail/snow in ohio really fast....

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I'm in Ohio also. What I did to stretch out my topless days was I bought a Milwaukee heated jacket. It work very well. I also bought a good emergency rain cover for the unexpected summer storms that we get. I also use the cover to keep the sun from beating down on my truck when the top is off. It only takes about a minute top put on.

I have enjoyed my Jeep topless and doorless in temps down to 15 deg. As long as the wind isn't blowing to bad it is a nice ride. Sometimes my glasses get so cold that it starts to burn my nose. I just deal with it.
That is hardcore. You must get some looks, I got a ton dropping the kids off at school doorless when it was 55 out.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
It could be worse, by law in PA we aren't even allowed to go doorless. There have been proposals to change the law few times but never gets to the point where it gets voted on. Both the governor and lieutenant governor are Jeep owners.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
It could be worse, by law in PA we aren't even allowed to go doorless. There have been proposals to change the law few times but never gets to the point where it gets voted on. Both the governor and lieutenant governor are Jeep owners.
Really? Wow. That sounds like more of a California law. Where they’d make Jeeps sold in CA have locks on the hinges lol.

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Im in Upstate NY, so far I have had the freedom panels off twice. Cant wait for warmer weather