First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
My Gladiator that hopefully arrives on Saturday does not come with heated seats or the auxiliary switches. I plan on installing the Voswitch JL 300 https://www.amazon.com/Voswitch-JL300-Switch-Compatible-Wrangler/dp/B089YD1J14 and I am considering these aftermarket heated seats https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002U6IL9...colid=ZC0W4D4V954O&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it or something similar to them.

I "think" you can program the Voswitch buttons for different settings such as High/Low/Off like on the heated seat buttons, but I'm curious how to connect them. Based on what I can tell I'm going to need to run the wires for the seat buttons somehow through the firewall to the Voswitch power module, and then cut the buttons off the seat wires and wire them into individual ports on the power module. If the wires are not long enough I'll just need to extend them obviously.

For those of you who are a bit more electrically handy, what are your thoughts on this?
Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I'd be careful doing that. No idea what the voltage settings would be on the VOlswitch vs the seat heater kit. I installed my seat heater kit yesterday and just ran the wires to the fuse block, used a fuse tap and utilized the supplied switches with the seat heater kit.

OP
OP
MarkyMark80

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
I'd be careful doing that. No idea what the voltage settings would be on the VOlswitch vs the seat heater kit. I installed my seat heater kit yesterday and just ran the wires to the fuse block, used a fuse tap and utilized the supplied switches with the seat heater kit.
I checked and the Volswitch JL300 is 12v and so are the seat heaters.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
correct, but the switch will send a different voltage at low and high (Assume 12v on high). Can the Volswitch be programmed with what the other voltage should be?

OP
OP
MarkyMark80

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
correct, but the switch will send a different voltage at low and high (Assume 12v on high). Can the Volswitch be programmed with what the other voltage should be?
Thats what I'm wondering. If the buttons can be programed for high/low/off then the answer would be yes, otherwise its just one setting. I've seen a few videos where they can set lights to constant on or a strobe, so I'm thinking it can be done but I want to be sure before I buy everything and start running wires.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't need to worry about anything.
They are designed to work with auto voltage levels.

The switches should work based on the reviews.

The biggest thing I would worry about is actually taking the upholstery off the seat and putting it back together with the seat still looking smooth and wrinkle free.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
So I wouldn't bother using the Volswitch for the heated seats. I have that exact kit from Amazon.. But a 20mm forstner bit & you can put the switch's for it the plastic around the shifter. The problem with using other switch's is that you will have to burn too many of them. The Dorman heaters come with 3 way switch's for the off/low/high. So to do 2 seat heaters you would end up needing to use 4 switch's which based on 250 bucks for the 6 in your Volswitch panel thats 166 bucks worth of aftermarket switch's to avoid the cost of a 13 dollar bit (this is the exact one I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P4NNV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

OP
OP
MarkyMark80

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
So I wouldn't bother using the Volswitch for the heated seats. I have that exact kit from Amazon.. But a 20mm forstner bit & you can put the switch's for it the plastic around the shifter. The problem with using other switch's is that you will have to burn too many of them. The Dorman heaters come with 3 way switch's for the off/low/high. So to do 2 seat heaters you would end up needing to use 4 switch's which based on 250 bucks for the 6 in your Volswitch panel thats 166 bucks worth of aftermarket switch's to avoid the cost of a 13 dollar bit (this is the exact one I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P4NNV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
thanks. The more I’ve looked into it I think I’m going to do the install near the shifter. It looks pretty clean from what I’ve seen.

OP
OP
MarkyMark80

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Yeah it doesn't look too bad. Here is where I put mine.

Ignore the dust

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Heated Seats and Auxiliary Switches IMG_1735 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Heated Seats and Auxiliary Switches IMG_1735 (1)
Which heated seat did you go with and did you run into any difficulty installing them under the seat covers?

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it doesn't look too bad. Here is where I put mine.

Ignore the dust

IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1735 (1).jpg
I am thinking of putting these exact heaters in the back of my Gladiator, for the kids. They ski with me o they get heated seats,. ha.

the electrical is a piece of cake.

its tearing the seats apart that would stress me out. How was it to take the covers off and replace the hog rings?

Thanks,

Don

p.s. Someone mentioned voltage with the switch. Everything in a car is 12 volts. The question that matter is how many AMPS the heaters draw. Switches are rated for a maximum amperage. If the load (heaters) is greater than the switches rating, there could be problems.

In this case its not a problem. Not even close. The switch the OP referenced has a max amp rating per switch of 30 amps.

the seat heaters draw a max of 5 amps.

OP
OP
MarkyMark80

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
its tearing the seats apart that would stress me out. How was it to take the covers off and replace the hog rings?
Thats exactly what I was curious about, it seems like different seats have different layouts, leather, cloth, Overland etc.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats exactly what I was curious about, it seems like different seats have different layouts, leather, cloth, Overland etc.
I find that to be very intimidating. Because you don't just have to get it back together. You have to get it back together RIGHT. No wrinkles or sags. Its got to be aesthetically pleasing.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Ive been following this thread and its pretty neat.

Really like Bastage`s idea for putting the seat heater switches on the console sides rather than the dash.

I agree with whats been said about getting the seats back together properly - in my case, I have neoprene seat covers, so I think im going to go this route and just stitch the inserts to the seat covers themselves.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive been following this thread and its pretty neat.

Really like Bastage`s idea for putting the seat heater switches on the console sides rather than the dash.

I agree with whats been said about getting the seats back together properly - in my case, I have neoprene seat covers, so I think im going to go this route and just stitch the inserts to the seat covers themselves.
Holy crap man. I was thinking about putting a set of covercraft seat covers in back for the kids/dog .

I'll just attach the heaters to the covers. You are a freaking genius.
Sponsored