First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
So this has been an absolute nightmare installing this system in my JTR. I am having issues with static at low volume using the Amp Pro. If you turn up the volume it isn't as bad, but I can't drive with the radio blasting all the time. I have been working with their tech support for a few weeks now, tried a million different things, to no avail. I read somewhere on here or the JL forum that some others have had this static issue and worked their way through it. Anyone here have this issue?

Quick rundown. I have the standard system with the 7". I replaced all the speakers with 6.5" JBL and the tweeters with SKAR audio ran off a 4 channel amp. I have 2 10's under the rear seat.

Something that should be simple, was made tough because of Jeep's voltage sensing. (if Uconnect doesn't see the speakers there, it shuts down the channels, so no sound). I tried the resistors I found recommended online. Didn't work. So after 2 more days of screwing with it, I upgraded from the Lc2i to the Pac Audio Amp Pro, also recommended online. Got past the voltage sensing issue and have sound, but I have the static.
Sponsored

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Are you still having the same issues? Was about to install a PAC AmpPro in our Gladiator, but still waiting on the APH-CH03 harness to arrive.

OP
OP
rubiryanjt

rubiryanjt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
Are you still having the same issues? Was about to install a PAC AmpPro in our Gladiator, but still waiting on the APH-CH03 harness to arrive.
I was able to work through most of mine. Some caused by an amp. Some caused by alternator whine. I moved some wires, installed filters, and a new amp. Still have a little whine but it's minimal.

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Good to know. Added the optical output to the PAC AmpPro since my DSP has the optical input, so hopefully just using a fiberoptic cable between the two will reduce any chance of noise from RCAs.

Will make sure to clean/grind the spot for a really good ground connection as well.
Sponsored