aftermarket steering stabilizer question

mbdiesel

First Name
kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep LJ
i just installed my clayton overland 2.5 kit with falcon shocks and adjustable steering stabilizer set on soft. when driving the wheels would not return to center, and it felt all over the place. i removed the stabilizer and problem was gone, feels like it did before. does anyone have experience with the falcon stabilizer being to stiff?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Someone reported, some time ago, that new Fox steering stabilizers need a full extension and retraction at least five times when installed or they will cause a pull in one direction. This may be a similar issue.

FIREFTR59

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter
Anyone with a 2021 JL or JT have an issue installing a steering stabilizer? I reached out to FOX before I purchased an ATS and I received this in return
“No. Stabilizer applications for all 2021 Jeep JL / JT models are waiting approval due to changes in OE mounting hardware.
Thank you,
Sales Department
Offroad Division
Truck | SUV | Offroad Race | Defense
any thoughts?

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I have the Falcon set to medium. I have no problems. Maybe it is a break in thing now. I don't recall needing to do anything like a break in myself.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Anyone with a 2021 JL or JT have an issue installing a steering stabilizer? I reached out to FOX before I purchased an ATS and I received this in return

any thoughts?
Jeep made a change in the bolt I believe. The 2021 factory has a different shape to it and won't fit into the aftermarket steering stabilizers. Jeep didn't bother to notify any vendors of this change.

Sponsored

FIREFTR59

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter
Jeep made a change in the bolt I believe. The 2021 factory has a different shape to it and won't fit into the aftermarket steering stabilizers. Jeep didn't bother to notify any vendors of this change.
Another thread has ppl installing a different bolt from 2020 JT/JLs. Hmmmmm

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The new Stabilizer bolt has a longer square section at the top of the bolt. Presumably, to make installation quicker and easier. The factory Stabilizer has the bushing modified to accommodate the change. Anyone installing an aftermarket Stabilizer just needs to get an older style bolt.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It is my opinion that the stabilizer should be moved from the factory location anyway to avoid potential (likely) damage. A mount like what Clayton and other aftermarket suspension companies offer is more ideal. The TS-style stabilizers may still require a model-specific tie rod mount...

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
The new Stabilizer bolt has a longer square section at the top of the bolt. Presumably, to make installation quicker and easier. The factory Stabilizer has the bushing modified to accommodate the change. Anyone installing an aftermarket Stabilizer just needs to get an older style bolt.
Just finished installing the IFP stabilizer on my ‘21. In the interest of furthering knowledge - my 10/2020 build date 2021 JT has the old bolt style.

F71CDCCB-BA78-499F-8E0D-3603E3A8E15D.jpeg

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
i just installed my clayton overland 2.5 kit with falcon shocks and adjustable steering stabilizer set on soft. when driving the wheels would not return to center, and it felt all over the place. i removed the stabilizer and problem was gone, feels like it did before. does anyone have experience with the falcon stabilizer being to stiff?
On another thread here about the Fox SS, there were reports that the red adjustment knob was installed wrong at the factory. So what you think may be the soft setting is actually firm.
Do some searching here for steering stabilizers you will find the thread.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Do not drive on the street on soft. even off road at times, soft can be too soft. Around town medium, long highway trips firm.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I was thinking to go Fox initially for their adjustable stabilizer to match my Mojave Fox shocks. Instead I went with the Falkon as it’s simpler all around from the install to the adjustability. I normally set it to medium but I’ll switch it to firm for longer highway drives. No issues at all and I’ve been quite happy with the improvements even on my otherwise stock Mojave.

FIREFTR59

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter
If anyone is looking, QUADRATECH has about 20 FOX ATS 983-02-148 in stock. I searched every where and everyone was on back order. QUADRATECH had it to me in 3 days

112D0055-C941-42CA-B9DA-B043378E7E43.jpeg
Sponsored