broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Good Morning crew,

Just wondering if anyone has exchanged the factory subwoofer (using the OEM enclosure) or if anyone has fabricated another enclosure which uses all available space whilst retaining the bluetooth dock?

I don't really want to lose the under seat storage and I use the bluetooth speaker regularly so I'm not left with many options.

Cheers
Sponsored

nomad603

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Still in research mode. What I've found so far is that you can fit a 1 cubic feet enclosure and 1 or 2 amps in the rear if you removed some of the rear panels behind the back seat. The full width of the rear is about 50 inches and the enclosure could be about 35 inches with about 15 inches for amps and stuff. The dimension of the enclosure is roughly about 35" long, 7" depth at the bottom, 2" depth at the top, and about 14" in height. The enclosure should be good for a sealed box with 12" shallow mount woofer.

Those are just rough estimates as I'm still researching.

This thread has someone doing a pretty good job building a custom enclosure -> https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...nstall-with-custom-sub-box-behind-seat.43076/

Last edited:
OP
OP

broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Thanks Wil,

My goal would be to use a pair of JL Audio amp brackets under the front seats and use the entire space beside the Bluetooth speaker docking station for an enclosure to house a pair of Image Dynamics IDQS10 or IDQS12.
Failing that, my backup plan is to lose the back seat lockable bins in favour of an enclosure to house 4x IDQ8. I could then use behind the seat for amplification and processing.

nomad603

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Thanks Wil,

My goal would be to use a pair of JL Audio amp brackets under the front seats and use the entire space beside the Bluetooth speaker docking station for an enclosure to house a pair of Image Dynamics IDQS10 or IDQS12.
Failing that, my backup plan is to lose the back seat lockable bins in favour of an enclosure to house 4x IDQ8. I could then use behind the seat for amplification and processing.
I measure the space under the front seat too. From the back seat, it's about 3 inches in height by 12 inches deep and 10 inches wide. Each seat should fit an amp.

My original plan was going with a pair 10 inches subs. With each sub needing 1 cubic feet of volume, I was gonna use the whole of the back panel for the subs and amps under the front seats. I really do not want to lose the storage since I do use them.

After much research, I think I just might settle with a single 12 inch sub and a single 5 channel amp. This way I could preserve the storage and utilize the whole of the back panel. There really isn't much space to work with unless you lose the under seat storage.

OP
OP

broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
That's exactly my dilemma, I don't want to lose the under seat space. I've not decided on amp but will probably use something like this https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/power-amplifiers/d-51300/ or their DSP 4 channel and a matching mono depending on subwoofer power requirements.
It would be nice if i could squeeze all four ID 8" woofers I already have, behind the back seat AND leave the bluetooth speaker in place.

Sponsored

nomad603

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
That's exactly my dilemma, I don't want to lose the under seat space. I've not decided on amp but will probably use something like this https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/power-amplifiers/d-51300/ or their DSP 4 channel and a matching mono depending on subwoofer power requirements.
It would be nice if i could squeeze all four ID 8" woofers I already have, behind the back seat AND leave the bluetooth speaker in place.
That Audiocontrol amp seems like a good one. I've read good reviews in a few places. With the limited space we have, that might be the only way to go until someone figure out a new solution.

OP
OP

broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Thanks mate, all relevant except one minor detail: its different in RHD models like mine :(

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Four ID8 subwoofers is a very impressive setup. Have heard it in a few Rams now with their underseat enclosures. Definitely surprising the output you get, even at lower frequencies.

Sponsored

OP
OP

broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Four ID8 subwoofers is a very impressive setup. Have heard it in a few Rams now with their underseat enclosures. Definitely surprising the output you get, even at lower frequencies.
It's exactly what I already have in my currently daily driver, a Mini Cooper Clubman. similar sized cabin too so I definitely know what id be getting however I'd love not to lose the underseat storage :(

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
No doubt, I have a pair of NVX X-series 12" which are basically small enclosure versions of the SB Acoustics 12" - they'd work perfect in that amount of airspace, but like you said, losing all the underseat storage...

When researching shallow subwoofers a while back, the Kenwood KFC-XW always excelled when modeled in WinISD compared to other brands. They've released an XR-W since then, but haven't had a chance to see how it might perform yet.

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Wow, there aren't many options out there that seem to work in that space for us hoping to keep the Bluetooth speaker and any part of that trim panel. Eyeballing the JL Audio 13TW5 for how little depth it requires, and only needing 0.80 cubic foot for optimum enclosure volume. Was hoping to fit a pair of 10W1V3 since they don't have a rear vent on the motor and can mount flat up to the rear wall.
Sponsored