Sponsored

Air Intake & Exhaust

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
In preparing a list as I await my Mojave, an obvious potential upgrade is the air intake and the exhaust.

Air Intake
With the Mojave, the MOPAR CAI is not recommended for some reason, plus the cut out vent would cut into the sticker. Another after market CAI with a vent near the windshield excludes the Mojave becasue of hood spacing.

That being stated, I heard the Mojave has its own front grill with larger holes and somekind of whole on the top passenger front. Can someone confirm if that is exclusinve to the Mojave and get your thoughts?

Exhaust
I was planning to get the Magnaflow Rock Krawler exhaust (#19486), but saw a video where the guy cut off the front resonator, the suitcase muffler in the middle, but left the tail resonator in place. It sounds pretty good and love the thought of the easy mod while shedding weight. Have any of you experienced this?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Is thre a Mojave forum, it seems to have a list of its own exceptions because of its hood and suspension?
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
The Mopar CAI under hood components will fit on the Mojave just fine (air box and the tube to the throttle body). The Mojave hood profile is different, so the hood opening components are not designed to fit the Mojave hood.

I have the Mopar CAI on my Mojave. It adds a little bit of sound, but there is no noticeable performance upgrade.

There is a duct that feeds fresh air from the RH side of the grille to the area near the inlet to the air box.

JasonB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Send me a DM. I know a guy…

In preparing a list as I await my Mojave, an obvious potential upgrade is the air intake and the exhaust.

Air Intake
With the Mojave, the MOPAR CAI is not recommended for some reason, plus the cut out vent would cut into the sticker. Another after market CAI with a vent near the windshield excludes the Mojave becasue of hood spacing.

That being stated, I heard the Mojave has its own front grill with larger holes and somekind of whole on the top passenger front. Can someone confirm if that is exclusinve to the Mojave and get your thoughts?

Exhaust
I was planning to get the Magnaflow Rock Krawler exhaust (#19486), but saw a video where the guy cut off the front resonator, the suitcase muffler in the middle, but left the tail resonator in place. It sounds pretty good and love the thought of the easy mod while shedding weight. Have any of you experienced this?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Is thre a Mojave forum, it seems to have a list of its own exceptions because of its hood and suspension?

OP
OP

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
ElevationJeeps installed my Magnaflow Rock Krawler exhaust (#19486). The Youtub videos capture the sound pretty well.

The only thing I was not expecting that now I hear all the gear changes. Before, I did not notice when it changed gears. It does have a bit of a drone to it above 70MPH.
Sponsored