First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
My ARB compressor is on its way. I want to make airing up as easy as possible.. I want an air chuck at reach wheel but don't want to run the risk of them rubbing and getting holes. Has anyone done this or is there a kit out there?
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
My ARB compressor is on its way. I want to make airing up as easy as possible.. I want an air chuck at reach wheel but don't want to run the risk of them rubbing and getting holes. Has anyone done this or is there a kit out there?
There are kits to do this. A simpler solution is to have 1 air line with 4 chucks to reach all the wheels at once. One of the members here sells an already put together product to do just this that looks pretty slick. https://www.speedflate.com/

OP
OP
PLEG1972

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
There are kits to do this. A simpler solution is to have 1 air line with 4 chucks to reach all the wheels at once. One of the members here sells an already put together product to do just this that looks pretty slick. https://www.speedflate.com/
Thats cool and that was my first idea, but I want the lines permanently installed so all I have to do is connect a short hose from the wheel to some place inside the wheelwell.

Same idea basically.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Thats cool and that was my first idea, but I want the lines permanently installed so all I have to do is connect a short hose from the wheel to some place inside the wheelwell.

Same idea basically.
Yeah its basically the same idea. Personally I thought about the airlines running into the fender well's, but decided against it.

Depending on where you are installing your compressor I have seen people with air outlets at the bottom of the back seats. If you are installing behind the rear seats then it would be pretty easy to have the same setup there, Little longer whips, but less to go wrong where it would be difficult to fix. Realistically though the overall time to inflate isnt going to be much different doing 4 tires one at a time at full speed vs 4 tires all at once at 1/4 speed. If your on the ball with watching & moving from tire to tire your only talking about a couple extra seconds per tire. The downside is that you have to pay attention where as if you are doing them all at once you can walk away for a long while & then come back.

OP
OP
PLEG1972

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Yeah its basically the same idea. Personally I thought about the airlines running into the fender well's, but decided against it.

Depending on where you are installing your compressor I have seen people with air outlets at the bottom of the back seats. If you are installing behind the rear seats then it would be pretty easy to have the same setup there, Little longer whips, but less to go wrong where it would be difficult to fix. Realistically though the overall time to inflate isnt going to be much different doing 4 tires one at a time at full speed vs 4 tires all at once at 1/4 speed. If your on the ball with watching & moving from tire to tire your only talking about a couple extra seconds per tire. The downside is that you have to pay attention where as if you are doing them all at once you can walk away for a long while & then come back.
I have a topper that I'm going to mout the compressor too. I just figured four 2'-3' hoses would be easier to store than a 15'-20' hose...the cool fact it 1000% higher if i have air at each wheel! LOL

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Up Down Air makes a universal system that's like $200 or you can build something similar for half that... probably less if you rig up an inflator instead of that regulator setup.

My 2c though, KISS on your critical systems. 4-wheel air systems have a bit of cool factor but hard-mounting them makes it so you can't air up others easily and anything hard-mounted under the truck is going to a see a lot more stress (debris, heat, etc.) than something stored neatly in a compartment or bag. I would not feel comfortable with such a system without a spare hose as a backup and that sort of negates a lot of the benefits.

If you do go through with it, I suggest liberal use of loom (both heavy non-split corrugated and heat-resistant silicone) in the appropriate spots because I've seen more than one person melt hose that ran too close to the exhaust or have a leak from where it rubbed through over time.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I have a CO2 tank that I move from wheel to wheel since I have to be at each one. Best solution for airing up and I get to drink beer while I wait a half hour for everyone else to air up :like:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I have a CO2 tank that I move from wheel to wheel since I have to be at each one. Best solution for airing up and I get to drink beer while I wait a half hour for everyone else to air up :like:
Forget carrying that heavy sumbitch around. I've got a cap so I'm mounting my 20# right behind the cab and I'll just use a hose. Thing is like 50lbs when full and I'm not about to drag it out over whatever other crap I have in the bed.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man id definitely get the speed flate system for sure,its fast and also very accutate according to the psi readings at my dash and its seems to be of very good quality too

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
i have the twin ARB underseat mount hooked into the Air up down system a small whip for each wheel & regulate air up pressure all four at once & air down all at once.

air up.jpg

green hoses.jpg

Ronjmurray

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
Occupation
Software Engineer
i have the twin ARB underseat mount hooked into the Air up down system a small whip for each wheel & regulate air up pressure all four at once & air down all at once.

Jeep Gladiator Air lines to the wheels green hoses

Jeep Gladiator Air lines to the wheels green hoses
you have had it a while now. What do you think? Is it holding up?

I’m looking at under hood arb compressor and the air up down system. I like the speedflate too, but carrying lessbaggage is appealing as well as the fact that anything I need to pack, I can forget to bring.
Sponsored