Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a 2021 Mojave that I had the dealer install lift/parts on yesterday. They installed:

1) AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave
2) Front/Rear Core4x4 adjustable Track bars
3) AEV Geometry correction brackets
4) Front Lower control arm
5) Rear Lower control arm
6) Teraflex rear track bar relocaction bracket
7) Synergry HD tie rod and drag link
8) Hellwig rear sway bar

I got the alignment sheet after the install and the jeep "seems" to drive fine but this sheet seem to indicate that the current caster is "out of spec". It's in RED? I know nothing about alignment and I'm wondering if I should take it to a specialty 4WD alignment shop for further alignment or do these numbers look ok?

All you Guru's out there let me know what you think please!

Jeep Gladiator Alignment sheet after Mojave AEV lift help ALignment.JPG
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I personally wouldn’t worry about that, it’s not much different. I, too, am surprised it’s worse though.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's about .1 degree, or one tenth of a degree off from the 4.0 minimum. I'd want more but it's not drastic, either.
Caster is a stability angle. It makes it harder to steer, but it also keeps the vehicle wanting to go straight. Me being me I'd up it to where it was but that's me. If it's stable, doesn't wander, keeps tracking straight, etc. then maybe don't worry. But still - adjustable arms - why did they leave it out of spec?
It was equal from side to side on the before and that's a good thing.
Toe is decent now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
For a 2 inch spacer lift you sure bought a lot of parts you didn't need.
I disagree - sounds like he wanted a moderate lift while also trying to keep a stock ride quality and keep the geometry in tact. I have a similar set up and it rides great. People love to knock a spacer lift for being less expensive but it doesn't make it less effective. At least with spacers you know exactly how much lift you are getting and at the same time not taking a chance on an aftermarket coil...

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The AEV brackets make the LCA's irrelevant, that's part of the recipe. Having the control arms parallel to the ground and each other allows for optimal suspension control, with stock length control arms. Adjustable arms were money spent for the benefit of the shop, not the owner of the Mojave.

That's a garbage alignment, full stop. With all that adjustability the dipshits dialed out the caster below factory specs.

5.5 deg caster is top of the spec, my JTR is at 5.9 after putting Mopar's 2" lift LCA's on. With the bad steering box, the wandering was a bear, and my suspension shop said caster was insufficient by design. Dialing a lot more caster in made it live-able until the steel box came out, and I see no reason to go with less after the fact.

I disagree - sounds like he wanted a moderate lift while also trying to keep a stock ride quality and keep the geometry in tact. I have a similar set up and it rides great. People love to knock a spacer lift for being less expensive but it doesn't make it less effective. At least with spacers you know exactly how much lift you are getting and at the same time not taking a chance on an aftermarket coil...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And if it's a max tow, you keep your wonderful progressive load handling springs!
I put max tow springs under the rear of mine - I wanted the back to not sag so bloody much while hauling stuff or towing, but those are a tiny bit shorter than the stock springs and I was trying to gain about 3/4-1" to hold up steel bumper and all in the front, so used 3/4" spacers. I accomplished my goal but wish I had more caster so I'd love to find a pair of MOPAR lift lower arms.
Unless I was going way high, I'd PERSONALLY stick with the spacers because of the ability to keep my ride and load carrying capability (not talking PAYLOAD NUMBERS, talking springs supporting the weight without sagging and without losing the ride)
I accomplished my goal save for the geometry - I can haul over 1,000 pounds without the back dropping much at all and it rides fine.
Now to see if there's any MOPAR lift kit lower arms out there.........

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The AEV brackets make the LCA's irrelevant, that's part of the recipe. Having the control arms parallel to the ground and each other allows for optimal suspension control, with stock length control arms. Adjustable arms were money spent for the benefit of the shop, not the owner of the Mojave.

That's a garbage alignment, full stop. With all that adjustability the dipshits dialed out the caster below factory specs.

5.5 deg caster is top of the spec, my JTR is at 5.9 after putting Mopar's 2" lift LCA's on. With the bad steering box, the wandering was a bear, and my suspension shop said caster was insufficient by design. Dialing a lot more caster in made it live-able until the steel box came out, and I see no reason to go with less after the fact.
I did have to wonder - with those lower arms, why and how did they end up under spec on caster? If anything, I'd have shot for right in the middle. I wish mine had more caster. That's the one thing I'd change about the steering now - a bit more caster.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
You're only .1 of a degree out of spec, which shouldn't make it handle poorly. Could it be better? probably. What arms did you have installed. If they aren't adjustable, there's nothing you can do with that now anyway.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Why would they have sold him arms that weren't adjustable?

In fact they HAD to be adjustable, and they adjusted them backwards - great shop, that.

You're only .1 of a degree out of spec, which shouldn't make it handle poorly. Could it be better? probably. What arms did you have installed. If they aren't adjustable, there's nothing you can do with that now anyway.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
$61 for the pair delivered from @AllMoparParts.com

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/68322798aa.html

Contact them through the forum for a shipping discount.

And if it's a max tow, you keep your wonderful progressive load handling springs!
I put max tow springs under the rear of mine - I wanted the back to not sag so bloody much while hauling stuff or towing, but those are a tiny bit shorter than the stock springs and I was trying to gain about 3/4-1" to hold up steel bumper and all in the front, so used 3/4" spacers. I accomplished my goal but wish I had more caster so I'd love to find a pair of MOPAR lift lower arms.
Unless I was going way high, I'd PERSONALLY stick with the spacers because of the ability to keep my ride and load carrying capability (not talking PAYLOAD NUMBERS, talking springs supporting the weight without sagging and without losing the ride)
I accomplished my goal save for the geometry - I can haul over 1,000 pounds without the back dropping much at all and it rides fine.
Now to see if there's any MOPAR lift kit lower arms out there.........

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Why would they have sold him arms that weren't adjustable?

In fact they HAD to be adjustable, and they adjusted them backwards - great shop, that.
Because 4WD shops up-sell people all the time to increase their profit?

Now that I'm looking at it, they didn't "have to". The AEV geometry brackets have slotted upper bolt holes for adjusting caster based on lift height. They may have installed the offset-hole square washers the wrong way.

Jeep Gladiator Alignment sheet after Mojave AEV lift help Screenshot 2021-05-12 103151

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting design. Keep the arms more parallel to the ground (a very good thing), and adjust using the upper arm, moving it using the washer, sort of like the eccentrics used to adjust camber on Ford and AMC of decades ago, but being square, it can't turn on you.
Sponsored