Sponsored

All-Inclusive Suspension/Steering Component Packages?

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
tl;dr: wondering what folks are running as far as complete sets. I have been struggling to find a company that does a 16pc kit like Core4x4. Despite my investment, I don't want to just cherry pick and replace a few components...I have a desire for it to be all or none.

Maybe not a requirement for most folks, but please just humor me. I went with Core4x4 to put together a complete set of adjustable upgrades: Tie Rod, Drag Link, Front/Rear Track Bars, Front/Rear UCA/LCA, and Front/Rear End Links. Obviously this was a pretty penny, and overall the stuff seems high quality/durable. Some of the components aren't perfect fit, e.g. front passenger end link requires bending the bracket out a little for the joint to fit, and the rear track bar frame mount is a tight fit for the adjustment clamping nut, but these were manageable.

What doesn't work is the front track bar. Because of the difference in geometry/shape, the frame mount has the same problem in that the nut hits the bracket. Instead of coming out straight, the bar/joint comes out at an angle and the nut constantly rubs and ultimately works itself loose. If it were straight I think it would be fine, as it's only rubbing on one side. I tried emailing Core4x4 and they never responded. Seems they don't really care. Seems to me the only way this wouldn't be an issue is if I had an extra 1-2" of lift such that the joint would be threaded out further and create room between the nut and frame bracket.

Another issue due the design of their components is that the track bar and drag link don't allow for enough clearance for the steering stabilizer. I currently have the stabilizer flipped and mounted on the driver side, but that still isn't perfect/ideal. I think this is also stemming from the not-stock shape/bend of the track bar.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Last edited:

clweed

First Name
Lee