All things Katzkin

WayofWilliam

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Any diyers install these yourself? No previous experience but thinking of doing it myself
I did mine with no previous experience. I would not necessarily consider it a hard job, but it does suck to do... a lot. I did mine all by myself so it may be easier with two people, but it absolutely kills your hands. If you do it, make sure you order hog rings and the hog ring pliers, and if you want to add heated seats like I did, now is the time to do it. It took me about a week to do all of the seats, with the rear seats and headrests being the worst parts.
Sponsored

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Caterpillar technical communicator
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine. Not bad, but William is right. Hog ring pliers (good ones) And you hands are gonna hurt. Lot of stretching and pulling. I thought the fronts were harder to do. Be careful taking them out. Unhook the battery (air bags). The drivers seat knob has an internal piece you have to pry out. Took me three evenings and 1/2 a Saturday. The headrests are like pushing a volleyball into a sneaker.

Be patient and careful
Any diyers install these yourself? No previous experience but thinking of doing it myself

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
i just wish they had air cooled seats from the factory. LOL, guess i shouldn't complain, I live in Wisconsin. Its only warm 4-8 weeks out of the year.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Has anyone gotten the massagers with theirs? I am planning on ordering a cloth interior with heated seats, would just get the covers with the massager options. Specifically I'm wondering what the controller looks like and how it mounts.

mr1563

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 2021 grand cherokee
Looking to do the katzkins and add the heated seats. Has anyone changed out the dash panel w/ the heated seat switch rather than mount on side of the console?

Sponsored

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Interesting tidbit about seats. I ordered the Overland HA with leather seats, apparently an upgrade version with another package. One line on the spec sheet said “#1 Foam Seats”. I asked the dealer what this meant and they said the foam has varying grades based on the seat model.
Can’t say what this means exactly, but assume there are at least several grades and constructs of foam from FC.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Interesting tidbit about seats. I ordered the Overland HA with leather seats, apparently an upgrade version with another package. One line on the spec sheet said “#1 Foam Seats”. I asked the dealer what this meant and they said the foam has varying grades based on the seat model.
Can’t say what this means exactly, but assume there are at least several grades and constructs of foam from FC.
i wonder what the differences are. post back here if you ever find out.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I will inquire again, and also sit in my seats when the Jeep gets here, as well as several other more base models to see if I can discern the difference.
After that I will post again, however the dealer now expects Feb delivery which will put it at 12 +- weeks.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will inquire again, and also sit in my seats when the Jeep gets here, as well as several other more base models to see if I can discern the difference.
After that I will post again, however the dealer now expects Feb delivery which will put it at 12 +- weeks.
well i'll still be watching the thread and it'll give me an email notification. I wonder if/when Jeep will do ventilated seats. That would be nice from factory. I don't want to mess with airbag sensors in the seats to install the katzkin Degreez setup. If they have multiple seat foams, maybe they'll venture into the ventilated seats thing someday.

Bumble-Ski

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ripp Moab 2013 991.1S
Katzkin didn’t call it Black Friday sale, but my rep called that week and offered 500 incentive. I ordered my Jeep with cold weather pkg and cloth intentionally, to add Katzkin post sale. Have to say, I love it. Seats turned out awesome and stitching matches rest of orange Mojave touches.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Katzkin didn’t call it Black Friday sale, but my rep called that week and offered 500 incentive. I ordered my Jeep with cold weather pkg and cloth intentionally, to add Katzkin post sale. Have to say, I love it. Seats turned out awesome and stitching matches rest of orange Mojave touches.
where are the photos? what colors of stitching and leather did you use for the seats? DETAILS MAN!

Bumble-Ski

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ripp Moab 2013 991.1S
I opted for citrus orange diamond tekstitch to match Mojave orange trim over the more rugged upgraded leather option

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I opted for citrus orange diamond tekstitch to match Mojave orange trim over the more rugged upgraded leather option
so perforated with orange diamond tekstitch? looks nice!

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
I've had these in for a few weeks now and they are great! I grabbed some heating pads off amazon for front and backs. First time ever tackling a project like this, but I did a seat a day and took it slow. Huge difference from the sport cloth obviously and well worth it.

Jeep Gladiator All things Katzkin IMG_7963
Jeep Gladiator All things Katzkin IMG_7965
Sponsored