Alpine premium audio amp

dirtbag.jt

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I recently upgraded all of my speakers and added another sub to my JT. It has the Alpine Premium audio system and curious if they make a plug and play amp to replace the oem one? Everything sounds better but I believe it would be much better with more power. If this has already been asked, I apologize. I was unable to find a thread specific to replacing the amp with a aftermarket plug and play one or close to plug and play as possible
Sponsored

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
What speakers did you go with?

tmorning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone have any details on the power output of the amp? Also, are there any plug and play replacements that don't require cutting wires?

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
The oe amp is a waste. I am powering JL C2 in the soundbar and knee with a kicker 4x50 dsp amp. I have C1 in the dash still powered off the alpine amp. And I have two shallow kicker 10’s behind the seat.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
More Power isn't always the answer.
My stock, standard system gets loud enough at half power to hurt my ears. Unless you installed the most inefficient speakers you could find, or you're driving around with top and doors off at 60mph and want people four lanes over to hear your music, or you're noticing a lot of clipping, a more-powerful amp probably isn't the answer.
Low bit-rate MP3s, satellite radio, highly-compressed broadcast radio, or anything Bluetooth is going to sound poorly, regardless of the system: garbage in garbage out.
If you're listening to wave files from a thumbdrive, and it sounds like poo at a reasonable sound level, then perhaps you need to consider an amplifier with cleaner power, not more power.
/soapbox

Kevin

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
More Power isn't always the answer.
My stock, standard system gets loud enough at half power to hurt my ears. Unless you installed the most inefficient speakers you could find, or you're driving around with top and doors off at 60mph and want people four lanes over to hear your music, or you're noticing a lot of clipping, a more-powerful amp probably isn't the answer.
Low bit-rate MP3s, satellite radio, highly-compressed broadcast radio, or anything Bluetooth is going to sound poorly, regardless of the system: garbage in garbage out.
If you're listening to wave files from a thumbdrive, and it sounds like poo at a reasonable sound level, then perhaps you need to consider an amplifier with cleaner power, not more power.
/soapbox

Kevin
50 watts isn’t much. With the truck naked, 15 on the radio is way cleaner. The alpine amp is disappointing at best.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
50 watts isn’t much. With the truck naked, 15 on the radio is way cleaner. The alpine amp is disappointing at best.
Looks like the Alpine amp is rated ~25W, from what I can tell. Going to a 50W amp will make little difference in the loudness. A quality amp will probably help; you're not the first member to comment on the low quality of the Alpine amplifier.

Kevin
Sponsored