Sponsored

Alpine premium speaker upgrade - worth it!

Jeff.gt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator sport
Occupation
CWO3, Eng Technician
Was on the fence considering the low power of the factory amp. I went with the select increments pods, infinity primus components, and the reference 3020 3.5” in the dash. Left the knee panels alone for now. Worth the time and money especially if you plan to upgrade the amp down the road. The infinity speakers are a bit lower than 4 ohm so I still get good volume at maybe 20w hitting the speakers. Sounds great for now on the stock amp!
Jeep Gladiator Alpine premium speaker upgrade - worth it! D00D45C0-099B-4A44-B3C5-A1808C5509C7
Jeep Gladiator Alpine premium speaker upgrade - worth it! D3740195-EACA-4013-A99F-EFAC9300743E
Sponsored

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
There is a chance that your amp will probably shut the sound bar down in about a week. I had a set of Ref6530's and had it happen to my JLUR with the factory Alpine. The amp didn't seem to like the 3 ohm load off the tweeter in that corner but is ok with the 3032's in the dash. According to what I have found those are 2.7 ohms. Hope I am wrong.

OP
OP
Jeff.gt

Jeff.gt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator sport
Occupation
CWO3, Eng Technician
There is a chance that your amp will probably shut the sound bar down in about a week. I had a set of Ref6530's and had it happen to my JLUR with the factory Alpine. The amp didn't seem to like the 3 ohm load off the tweeter in that corner but is ok with the 3032's in the dash. According to what I have found those are 2.7 ohms. Hope I am wrong.
That’ll accelerate my amp upgrade timeline a bit then if so!

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Definitely worth it, but I’m still gonna do the kicker pods with tweeters and terraccoustics for the dash when they come back in stock

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
That’ll accelerate my amp upgrade timeline a bit then if so!
I have had the infinity 6530s and have had no issues.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Was on the fence considering the low power of the factory amp. I went with the select increments pods, infinity primus components, and the reference 3020 3.5” in the dash. Left the knee panels alone for now. Worth the time and money especially if you plan to upgrade the amp down the road. The infinity speakers are a bit lower than 4 ohm so I still get good volume at maybe 20w hitting the speakers. Sounds great for now on the stock amp!
Jeep Gladiator Alpine premium speaker upgrade - worth it! D3740195-EACA-4013-A99F-EFAC9300743E
How do these compare to stock Alpine sound bar units? Do these hit lower or is it the clarity that you are looking for?

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I don’t have the alpine system but upgraded from the stock speakers to the Select speaker pods with the kicker speakers. Def an upgrade. And honestly for the cost, regardless of OEM system it’s an easy and affordable upgrade. Plus the housings will work with any 6.5” or 6.75” speaker.

35032744-9B35-46CF-B612-A4F9BA2E9F6E.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeff.gt

Jeff.gt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator sport
Occupation
CWO3, Eng Technician
How do these compare to stock Alpine sound bar units? Do these hit lower or is it the clarity that you are looking for?
I noticed the bass more specific from the sub vice the entire sound field...but that was replaced with clarity in the rear. Stock soundbar speakers didn't put out much volume, and definitely no highs. Felt like the soundbar/sub were tuned for just bass...loose crappy bass. I can certainly hear them now! About to head out for a ride with the top off and see how it goes with the volume up.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I went with JBL GTO629 6.5" and they have been great, best upgrade aside from wheels. No cracking at all, this week adding an amp sub combo which really now isn't even needed but why not. Still haven't done the knee panels.

Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I went with JBL GTO629 6.5" and they have been great, best upgrade aside from wheels. No cracking at all, this week adding an amp sub combo which really now isn't even needed but why not. Still haven't done the knee panels.
I’ve looked into upgraded knee speakers but they are an absolute pain to get access to and try and replace. In my opinion, not really worth the effort.

OP
OP
Jeff.gt

Jeff.gt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator sport
Occupation
CWO3, Eng Technician
Sounded great with the top off and volume around 25. With the stock speakers I had to keep bass at -2. Dialed it up to +2 and had okay bass from the factory sub/amp. Overall a much better experience than stock, can only imagine how it'll sound with a proper amp getting 50w RMS or so.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I don’t have the alpine system but upgraded from the stock speakers to the Select speaker pods with the kicker speakers. Def an upgrade. And honestly for the cost, regardless of OEM system it’s an easy and affordable upgrade. Plus the housings will work with any 6.5” or 6.75” speaker.

Jeep Gladiator Alpine premium speaker upgrade - worth it! 35032744-9B35-46CF-B612-A4F9BA2E9F6E
That’s what I plan on doing, I have the premium Alpine, interested to see how big a difference these make coming from that.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I’ve looked into upgraded knee speakers but they are an absolute pain to get access to and try and replace. In my opinion, not really worth the effort.
I agree but I hate to have such a weak point in the system. There is a video on here of how to do them without removing the entire dash still a slight pita but eventually I have to do it. I can
t wait to hear my 8" power sub going in this week.

OP
OP
Jeff.gt

Jeff.gt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator sport
Occupation
CWO3, Eng Technician
That’s what I plan on doing, I have the premium Alpine, interested to see how big a difference these make coming from that.
It's worth it. And if you decide to add an amp down the road, you've already got speakers there!
Sponsored