First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
I’ve been debating between this and some other cheap small subs that I could fit under the front seat. I was really hesitant dropping $1299 for what seemed like easy plug and play connections.

Amazon has on sale for $899 right now so I pulled the trigger; I think for that price it’s a good deal, hopefully no regrets.

Anyone who has this; do you know if the amp is enough to power sound bar speaker upgrade?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales
I’ve been debating between this and some other cheap small subs that I could fit under the front seat. I was really hesitant dropping $1299 for what seemed like easy plug and play connections.

Amazon has on sale for $899 right now so I pulled the trigger; I think for that price it’s a good deal, hopefully no regrets.

Anyone who has this; do you know if the amp is enough to power sound bar speaker upgrade?

I’ve got everything installed—I think this is a little
Overpriced at $899; and WAY over priced at $1299!! I’m happy I went with it as it fills the sound better and is not the “hard hitting” sub which is what i I didn’t want.

I also installed the Dodge Dart tweeters in the sound bar and overall everything sounds really good. Hopefully when the weather gets better I’ll still fee that’s way with the top and doors off.

OP
OP

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales
Update part 2:
The system does bump; I’d say the price is worth it. I realized I made a mistake and I didn’t hook
Up the RCAs for the sub, so the system sounded much better just from the power boost and speaker upgrade. Now with the sub on it hits hard (if you want it to); I’m excited to roll “naked” in the summer now!

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Update part 2:
The system does bump; I’d say the price is worth it. I realized I made a mistake and I didn’t hook
Up the RCAs for the sub, so the system sounded much better just from the power boost and speaker upgrade. Now with the sub on it hits hard (if you want it to); I’m excited to roll “naked” in the summer now!
Thanks! Am looking to do the same.

OP
OP

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales
Thanks! Am looking to do the same.
It sounds really good; the only thing more I think I may want to do depending on how it sounds in open air is find “plug & play” 4” replacements for soundbar speakers.

Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I installed this a couple of weeks ago and really like the sound improvement, Agreed about the price being a bit steep at $899, but go to any audio installer and see what they want to add a bit of bass :)
I really like it. Looking to add a new headunit that will make me even happier one of these days

norville

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
I just pulled the trigger on this kit today. I was really conflicted(I'm cheap) , I got a great deal on my truck so I thought I could live without the premium stereo... I guess not. I hope to have it installed next week. read and re-read the write-ups on the setup of the amps and sub.

OP
OP

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales
I just pulled the trigger on this kit today. I was really conflicted(I'm cheap) , I got a great deal on my truck so I thought I could live without the premium stereo... I guess not. I hope to have it installed next week. read and re-read the write-ups on the setup of the amps and sub.

It’s not super difficult; took me about 2.5hrs and 30mins was because the bracket was a little bent so holes didn’t line up with seat perfectly and 30mins was because when I was getting the power wire through the rubber grommet in the floor the plug came off so I had to splice some wires. But it was very easy and straightforward.

Watch the install video on quadratec; it was very very helpful! The only thing I would do differently then video is I found it unnecessary to take off the knee panel on drivers side before the dash panel, and also I would mount the sub volume control on drivers side with easy access.

norville

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
Benjamin , may I ask what the final arrangement on the gains and filters were? I was going to use 125 on the F&R and gains at 9oclock and set the sub to 120 and it's gain at 3oclock.. I did read a lot of posts..

Secondly what terminal on the battery did you use or did it not matter?

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
Benjamin , may I ask what the final arrangement on the gains and filters were? I was going to use 125 on the F&R and gains at 9oclock and set the sub to 120 and it's gain at 3oclock.. I did read a lot of posts..

I did those setting except set both gains to 9 o'clock. There's only a single wire that passes outside the cab and it goes to the positive battery connection on the battery. There's a ground point under the seat next to where the sub will reside

Sponsored

OP
OP

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales

I had all settings the same as the manual—

When I disconnected the negative lead I also disconnected the aux battery negative as well; I noticed my interior lights stayed on until I disconnected that so I wanted to make sure I didn’t short anything.

The only thing I made a mistake on was the RCAs labeled sub; I didn’t initially plug those into amp with the orange connector because the orange connector was attached to itself so everything seemed clean and buttoned up.

Also one thing to note which no one really explained were with the wiring harness behind the radio—the labels on the harnesses say “in” and “out” on the white and black it makes sense if you take time to think about it but can be easily wired wrong.

You got OUT from radio IN to amp; than OUT from amp IN to car speakers. So IN connects to OUT and vice versa—if I designed it I would’ve labeled differently to make idiot proof.

In the attached picture of the positive terminal I’m pointing at the one used.

Also I showed a pic of the husky liners I had to cut I order for the sub to fit properly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales
@norville i would really recommend getting the 3.5” Dodge Dart speakers to change out the sound bar tweeters and get some poly-fill to put on soundbar behind all 4 speakers; it’s like an extra $75 but the sound is way better

norville

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
It's all done, I think I had about 2 hrs into the entire job. And that was me pulling the dash apart 2x .. I really like the new sound. I'm still playing with it. I turned off the loudness on the head unit and that helped. I was getting overpowered by the bass.. I've only taken it up to 20 , that's about all my ears can handle.. Clean and easy install , and I didn't loose my behind the seat storage for my clubs and fishing pole.. I did upgrade the speakers in the sound bar to the 3.5 kenwoods I had in the dash..
Sponsored