Sponsored

Alpine system or no?

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
This is probably a really dumb question so apologies in advance..
I got an Overland a few weeks ago and from what the dealer told me, it came with the Alpine system and the bigger screen. However my friend has a JL and she purchased the upgraded sound system, and hers shows "alpine" on some of her speakers. My JT doesn't have Alpine anywhere. Just curious to know how I figure out for sure I have the Alpine speakers. I mean the sound quality is great, really no complaints there, just curious to know for sure I have what I purchased.
Sponsored

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
Mine has the alpine system and it does not have any special markings on the speakers. It has the sub behind the back seat though. Honestly that was what I thought the difference was when I ordered it. I’ve never really looked that closely at other JTs though.

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Mine has the alpine system and it does not have any special markings on the speakers. It has the sub behind the back seat though. Honestly that was what I thought the difference was when I ordered it. I’ve never really looked that closely at other JTs though.
Yeah I'm feeling bass come from the back seats for sure...just got concerned when I saw "Alpine" all over her speakers and zero markings on mine. lol

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
probably cheaper not to put that branding on something you cant see because its hidden behind a seat where as on a Wrangler it is clearly visible in the back.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Wranglers might do it different. The JKs had Alpine on the speaker grilles.

Sponsored

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
I have the Alpine audio system as well and no branding on the speakers either…I was wondering the same thing though, glad you asked.

broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
For what its worth the JK Alpine upper dash speakers and the JL/JT upper dash speakers have the exact same part number - no Alpine branding

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
The speakers aren’t the upgrade, it’s the weak amplifier under the steering column and the rear subwoofer that are the upgrade.
Sponsored