Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Since the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper is becoming more and more popular, I wanted to start a show and tell thread for those of us out there that have one. So I will start.

Full transparency, this is also so I can get some more buildout ideas.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call 4F33C3D3-5B86-46BC-8F4E-78268ACCE517_1_201_a
The 3/4 exterior photo.

And below, the work in progress interior photo.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call A28151C2-FABA-417A-B75D-AD81F79E974A
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call C2D80685-A04E-4825-AAED-FEFA0CD311E3
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine is under construction at Asheville Vehicle Outfitters. I am putting a Smarttek Water Heater in it.
Van

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call IMG_1852
You are in good hands, I used to work the owner and one of the other guys there.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Here is mine. I will add some more beauty shots soon, I have prototypes mounted all over so I can't take more photos at the moment. My goal is to keep it as open as possible, so I am not going with a Goose Gear or similar cabinet system. I need as much space as possible for hauling 813 orders to UPS. So, I am using our MOLLE panels all around the bed of the truck as well as designing new products that are specifically for the Alu-Cab. I have several items that will be going to production starting Monday. I am excited to see what the Alu-Cab community thinks of my ideas!

IMG_7583.JPG

IMG_7585.JPG

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7829 2.JPG

IMG_7591.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You guys need to check out @HourlessLife ….Eric’s got a real sweet set-up and he’s putting it to the test, right now, in Mexico..
I watch their YouTube for sure.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
You guys need to check out @HourlessLife ….Eric’s got a real sweet set-up and he’s putting it to the test, right now, in Mexico..
Yes, I follow them and actually message with Eric often. They have a great build!

Onefin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JTR, Defender 90, MB Sprinter 4x4
Occupation
I sell van parts
These things are so rad!

Will one of you measure the width of the "hatch" space to get up in the bed with the main bed section down and the small section up?
I am trying to determine how that would be getting into bed.
I have looked at the Alu-Cab in person and I could never get a reading on how diificult it would be to get up in the bed.

Thank you,

Last edited:

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
These things are so rad!

Will one of you measure the width of the "hatch" space to get up in the bed with the main bed section down and the small section up?
I am trying to determine how that would be getting into bed.
I have looked at the All-Cab in person and I could never get a reading on how diificult it would be to get up in the bed.

Thank you,
It is 18". It is pretty easy to get up with a step stool. I am only 5'8" so I need a stool haha.

Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Here is mine. I will add some more beauty shots soon, I have prototypes mounted all over so I can't take more photos at the moment. My goal is to keep it as open as possible, so I am not going with a Goose Gear or similar cabinet system. I need as much space as possible for hauling 813 orders to UPS. So, I am using our MOLLE panels all around the bed of the truck as well as designing new products that are specifically for the Alu-Cab. I have several items that will be going to production starting Monday. I am excited to see what the Alu-Cab community thinks of my ideas!

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call IMG_7591.JPG

Just saw this thread; what are the options you have incorporated on the JT (besides the ALUCAB Canopy Camper...understand your sensitivity for copyright reasons).

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Just saw this thread; what are the options you have incorporated on the JT (besides the ALUCAB Canopy Camper...understand your sensitivity for copyright reasons).
On the truck overall? I have the Launch Edition. Smittybilt winch, Mopar 2" lift for now (changing to better handle the extra weight). 35" BFG KM3s on Method wheels. I had to put the freedom panels back on. The camper causes too much turbulence on the soft top.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
On the truck overall? I have the Launch Edition. Smittybilt winch, Mopar 2" lift for now (changing to better handle the extra weight). 35" BFG KM3s on Method wheels. I had to put the freedom panels back on. The camper causes too much turbulence on the soft top.
Many thanks!

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow Pkg
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Thanks for all the kind comments on our Jeep Gladiator / Alu-Cab Canopy Camper build we call DAUNTLESS.

For those who don't know us, we are an American family of 3 overlanding the globe over the next 10-15 years. We crossed the border to Mexico on October 9, 2021 and are currently in Guanajuato, Mexico as of this comment.

We have a full build series on our YouTube about our Jeep. You can see that starting with this video:

We also have a full list of everything on our build which you can read here. Too much to really put in a single post: https://hourlesslife.com/jeep-gladiator-build-sheet-overlanding/

In the interest of full transparency, we are gear sponsored (not financially) by 27 different companies for this global journey, but that is all clearly stated on our website. Our full sponsor list can be found here for those curious: https://hourlesslife.com/about-us/gear-sponsors/

(Alu-Cab HQ in Capetown, South Africa and Alu-Cab USA (OK4WD) are both sponsors of ours.)

Anyway, great to be here. The Jeep Gladiator Forum and many of its members have been a great resource for me and I'm sure will continue to be as we run into issues along the journey. So thank you in advance if you ever respond to a call for help from us!

I'm on a lot of forums. actually and I don't get to check them very often as our internet on this global trip can be sporadic. But two of the best places to get a hold of us with any questions is our YouTube (where I respond to as many comments as I can) and our Instagram where Brittany, my much better half, does her best to respond. Community is really important to us.

The best place to get a hold of us is on our Patreon where we respond to every message as a thank you for those supporting our journey. We're also really transparent there and have some pretty cool perks in our tiers. If you are interested in that at all you can check that out here:

https://www.patreon.com/hourlesslife

Thanks again for your kind comments, and I'm always happy to be a resource for anyone as they consider options for their builds. ~ Eric
Sponsored