Sponsored

Alu-cab canopy Jeep Gladiator #001

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great!

I hope you'll post more pics including inside views

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
agreed, very sharp.

man, i'm so torn between which box to get. they all have their own pro's/con's. this version hasn't made the decision any easier.

OP
OP
LifesaverJT

LifesaverJT

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
agreed, very sharp.

man, i'm so torn between which box to get. they all have their own pro's/con's. this version hasn't made the decision any easier.
I have always been a fan of Alu-Cab and the weight difference between the RLD design stainless steel and the Alu-Cab aluminum was a big thing for me. Also I am sure the customers service with RLD designs is great but the customer service experiences I have had with Alu-Cab and Ok4wd made my decision a lot easier once I heard the JT canopy was being worked on I contacted Ok4wd and within a few hours I got a message back from them and was told as soon as they had photos i would have them. I went ahead and put down a down payment and was able to get the first one and am so glad I did. I will try and get some more pictures up soon so people on here will have some more detailed photos

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I am so ready to get my order in for this cap. Waiting to hear back on how much of a delay is involved with getting the sliding bulkhead window. I really think this option is warranted as I have the slider on the Rubicon. I think this cap is a great starting point for some custom additions.

Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I am so ready to get my order in for this cap. Waiting to hear back on how much of a delay is involved with getting the sliding bulkhead window. I really think this option is warranted as I have the slider on the Rubicon. I think this cap is a great starting point for some custom additions.

Pulled the trigger today and placed my order for an Alu Cab cap with front bulkhead slider window. Flat plate surface and black. Slider made it a custom order. Hope the Banana boat isn't to slow.........

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Here is #001 Alu-Cab Canopy. I am very happy with how it fits and the craftsmanship is awesome.

9D62E4EC-4AC3-4F54-893A-BFC8D497B2EF.jpeg

CC534D13-B2F1-49BF-AFF9-428FFA3A2847.jpeg

7D24BC9E-382A-4E25-B328-59CDFF2D7C6D.jpeg

7C510D63-6211-4FE8-A3F5-E530C1C8AFC4.jpeg
can you take a photo looking right down the side of the truck from the rear? Also one from about 6-8 feet away from the side of the , looking right into the gap between the cab and the canopy?

I'M SO JEALOUS BTW!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Pulled the trigger today and placed my order for an Alu Cab cap with front bulkhead slider window. Flat plate surface and black. Slider made it a custom order. Hope the Banana boat isn't to slow.........
OMG, you're kidding, the sliding rear window is a custom order? I thought they would have shipped at least a few with the sliding rear window.....its not like you're asking for pink pokadots!

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
OMG, you're kidding, the sliding rear window is a custom order? I thought they would have shipped at least a few with the sliding rear window.....its not like you're asking for pink pokadots!
Yeah, really hemmed and hawed on the slider.....just knew I would later regret not having it though. Hopefully the delay won't be too bad.

OP
OP
LifesaverJT

LifesaverJT

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
At this point everything may be special. This was the first one out and mine has a solid window up front. I never used my drop down or slider on the topper with the Tacoma. I am sure once they start rolling in it will be easier to get one with a slider.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LifesaverJT

LifesaverJT

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
can you take a photo looking right down the side of the truck from the rear? Also one from about 6-8 feet away from the side of the , looking right into the gap between the cab and the canopy?

I'M SO JEALOUS BTW!
Yeah no problem when I get home I will take some more time photos. The gap between the hard top and the canopy is enough that I can clean both windows. I kinda like that

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Dang!
I thought I was getting the first one...either way congrats. I really like the Sting Grey and Black combo. But I may be biased...

Did you get any interior options?

OP
OP
LifesaverJT

LifesaverJT

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
Dang!
I thought I was getting the first one...either way congrats. I really like the Sting Grey and Black combo. But I may be biased...

Did you get any interior options?
No interior options. I do love this canopy it is a great addition

OP
OP
LifesaverJT

LifesaverJT

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic

I'M SO JEALOUS BTW!
here ya go

4DE7DBCC-36C6-4F12-AA12-2EB6A35D29B2.jpeg

E674DF11-20D9-4120-982A-8F57DDB1C9AA.jpeg

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
thank you for posting these.

between the three choices avail i've been completely up in the air. i think i'm narrowed down to the a/c and ARE. the one thing i question with the RDL is what someone else brought up, the hinge factor. i like that the a/c hinge runs the length of the door. looking at that close it appears that there is cover on the a/c hinge that would keep water from running between the door and the cap, would you agree with that?

your pic from the aft end is great, the lines along the side of the cap match better than i thought with the cab lines.

like you, i like the ability to clean the glass due to the size of the gap between cab and cap. however, the pic of the ARE seems a bit more refined. and the slope of the aft end of the ARE cap i think looks a little sporty. but, the utilitarian look of the a/c is cool...grrrrr.

so many first world problems.

i'm so thankful that these are the things i'm thinking about.
Sponsored